Friday, March 28, 2014

Valentines Day

Happy Day of Love!

I decided to get crafty and create some kind of decoration for our home. These paper hearts from Pinterest looked easy enough, and they turned out cute! Next time, I'll use bright double sided scrapbook paper.
Ohh the joys of making Valentine cards! Cami made some special ones for friends and family.
For the 30 kids in her preschool class, she chose Disney Princess valentines (from the dollar store- I'm not ashamed!), and we taped a sucker and candy bar to each after she signed her name. She was SO excited to go to school for her Valentines party. I love this little face!
Hip Hip Hooray, it's Valentines Day! (at preschool anyways)
Even Lexi is super excited! Cute sisters.

Cami came home with a huge sack full of valentines and treats.

We made these cute little Love Bugs as another craft. One for each member of our family. Starting with Cami on the front left, then me, Lexi, and Daddy. :)
I wanted to make a yummy treat, so I made these frozen banana bites, covered in Enjoy Life chocolate, nuts and coconut. I used a little heart cookie cutter to make them a cute heart shape. I found the idea on elanaspantry.com
On Valentines Day morning (the next day), the girls were surprised with balloons, cards, coloring books and treats. They loved it!
And $2 bills from Grandma and Grandpa Yospe.
For breakfast, we had green eggs and bacon hearts.
Cami got to play with her friend Kurtis at or neighbor's house, and made these cute valentines.
We also went to our ward playgroup at the library, and a cute little boy gave these valentine cups to all the kids there. So cute! Cami's face makes me laugh, with her dribbly mac and cheese chin.
And she helped me later with making gluten free brownies and almond flour heart shaped sugar cookies. Cute little kitchen helper!
Our dinner consisted of red chili, red roasted beets, steak, and veggies. Jake gave me those beautiful flowers on the table!


1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful flowers, fun decorations, yummy treats, gorgeous happy girls. What more could you ask for on Valentine's Day? The girls look so cute in their bright colors. What a fun day!