Thanksgiving Point is one of the coolest places I've ever been to. It's a land of museums, movie theater, farm, golf course, gardens, holiday attractions and special events. We have the privilege of living just 20 minutes away from it. In the past, I only ever went on Two Buck Tuesdays...every August you can get into any venue every Tuesday for $2 a person. Can't beat that! It was always super crowded, but Cami and I enjoyed the adventure.
THEN, this year, Esther wanted to celebrate Walter's 4th birthday at The Museum of Ancient Life (the dinosaur museum). I figured that since it would cost a lot for our family to go just once, we might as well invest in a family membership so that we could go whenever we want! So that's what we did...we splurged ($250) for a bonus family membership, which allows us to get 2 guests in for free every time. Can I just say it's been MAGICAL! We have loved it so much. We bought it in April, and already we have visited more times that I can count. Every venue, several times, definitely paying off the membership by now already.
Here's Cami, Walter and Henry, playing with the dinos at the water table that first visit with our new pass.
The classic shark picture, as a family.
And then later on another visit with Brittney, Ari and Owen.
It's been so awesome being able to take Britt and her kids, or other siblings, or Grandmas and Grandpas, neighbors, friends, and cousins! We love it. And it's so nice to go when it's not super crowded, and to not feel like we have to do everything every time. Here are the kiddos digging for dino fossils.
And the ice cream shoppe has free kiddie cones for littles, which is a fun treat!
Lexi's so cute when she rides horses and ponies. But the first time she did, Cami's horse behind her snorted, and Lexi thought it was such a scary, threatening sound, that she burst out sobbing!
My cute baby,
A fun day on the farm with Ari, before she came home with us for a sleepover! This is on the wagon ride.Loading up the truck
Love these girls! Even in jail!
Another day on the farm, they had a Dairy Fest, where we got to make our own ice cream in a bag.
Lexi rode a BIG horse that day! And loved it!And Kate and her kiddos joined us for some fun.
Love!
Help! Haha Monson's eyes peeking out are so cute.
And yet another venue...the Gardens! This is so pretty in the spring!
Grandma Toone brought Ari and Owen when she was watching them for a week in April. Check out this awesome balloon flower!Tulips galore
Picnic with Grandma
Feeding the Koi fish
Look at these proper little ladies.
Whoa sassy pose, Miss Ari!
We sure love Grandma Toone! It was so fun to have Mom here.
Lexi was sure tuckered out after that outing! And she was also sporting her first french braid. :)
And yet more trips to the garden in the spring!
This is in the Secret Garden. (Cami and I just finished reading the simplified version of that book, by the way. I'm excited to watch the movie with her now!)
These two sure are silly. I love that they are always up for a new adventure with me...because we do go out and d new things all the time! This Thanksgiving Point pass has been amazing, and I love that we've had so many great experiences there already.
And this post doesn't even include the NEW museum, which another big reason we bought a membership. It's called the Museum of Natural Curiosity, and it is A-MA-ZING. That will get its own post!
1 comment:
And I love your Thanksgiving Point pass too!! So many fun things to do!! Just looking at the Tulip Festival pictures made me so nostalgic for Utah and family!! Beautiful kids in beautiful settings! And I laughed reading about the snorting horse. Cute Lexi!
Post a Comment