Monday, January 19, 2015

California Trip! Day 2- SeaWorld

 We spent our first full day in California at SeaWorld! Jake found a great deal on passes to SeaWorld, Universal Studios and Disneyland, so we got to enjoy all three on this 10 day trip. I had been here years ago, but couldn't remember anything about it. The girls knew they would see lots of fun shows and animals. It turned out to be really fun, and not too crowded even on a Saturday. When we got in the parking lot, there were hundreds of police cars with their lights and sirens on, parading around with kids who were going on Shop with a Cop. That was kinda fun to see. Then when we got inside, it was so exciting to see all the fun decorations.
 The first stop was at the touching pools, where these cleaner fish swarmed around your hands and nibbled. I did not partake in that activity. I don't have any interest in fish cleaning off my dead skin. But everyone else got a kick out of it.


 Especially Jake! :)
 Grandpa touching sharks
 Who knew that SeaWorld has a lot of fun rides? The best place for little kids is the Sesame Street World, where there are a ton of kiddie rides and a big playland. Lucky for me, Jake doesn't mind going on any rides. And Grandma graciously volunteered to ride with Cami or Lex. I'm just such a wuss these days...everything seems to make my feel blugh. So I was mighty grateful that I didn't have to go on any spinny rides!
 The girls loved this giant bubble trampoline.
 It was a hot, sunny day, so sitting in the outdoor shows wasn't the girls' favorite part. But we saw dolphins, seals, whales galore! I love Lexi in this picture. :)


 Yay Shamu! There were lots of people in the crowd....just not a lot in the Splash Zone!
 Poor Lex...she didn't get to go on a lot of rides because she was too small. And she was devastated to miss out on the rapids ride. She had to sit in her stroller and watch longingly through the fence.

 Grandpa's ponchos he brought along came in handy!
 The fresh, moist California air brought out the cutest curls in Lexi's blonde hair! I had missed them so! We had a picnic lunch that we had packed, which we became pros at by the end of this trip!
 We rode this sky ride over the bay, which was cool but made me nervous! I have nightmares about falling in the deep waters of the ocean from high above! But it was a neat view.

 Then we saw the stanky flamingos. Holy cow, they're pretty but they stink!

 Lexi the flamingo
 Cami Lamb
We went to a Madagascar Live show, which gave us a rest from all the walking! Lexi fell asleep, along with Grandpa and Jake. :) The characters were big and fun, though.

F
 Sharks! Creepy.
 And that's a giant sea turtle in the top left, and in the top middle is a giant ugly fish.

 This walrus (or manatee?) was mighty ugly but so cool to watch.
 Baby Beluga in the deep blue sea, ya swim so high and ya swim so free!
 This ride, Journey to Atlantis, was The BOMB! It was getting late and chilly by the time we went on it, and there was no line. I went on it with Jake and Cami, and the first thing it does is go down a Giant steep hill! Then the boat goes back into a tower and goes up like an elevator, bumping and rocking around. It was so fun, they went on it like 3 more times!
 Check out that plunge!
 And lastly, we got to meet Elmo and Grover on Sesame Street. Lexi was so pleased!


We had a great time at SeaWorld and spent the whole day there! It was decorated for Christmas, and although it just didn't feel like Christmas in that setting, the lit up palm trees did look beautiful.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sea World has changed a lot since we were there last! But Shamu continues to amaze! I agree with the air being great for Lexi's cute curls. And the sad picture of her watching from her stroller made me laugh. Poor dolly.

Brittney said...

That really does look like a cool place! Never been, but I bet my kids would love it!