The BEACH! The real, live, beach! We finally got to play in the waves and get acquainted with the wonders and magic of the Pacific Ocean. The tide pools were cool, but this was the first time that Cami and Lexi had ever had the experience of jumping in waves. Chasing waves and being chased by them. Squealing with delight and getting soaked and loving it. Watching the California sun slowly set over the horizon. And this is one of the most beautiful beaches around. The famous Coronado Hotel in itself is a beauty and wonder, but then you just walk straight out in the soft sand to the long, spacious beach. We got there right in the evening before sunset, and the girls were so excited!
Cami's little 5 year old feet fluttered over the water as she danced in the waves.
Pure Delight.
The jackets are off....they mean business, now! I love Cami's little muscular legs in this pic.
Lexi was in love!
They searched for shells and crabs and goodies.
With the hotel in the background, and Grandma and Grandpa sitting in front of it relaxing and enjoying the view.
I love just looking out at the vast expanse of ocean. It's pretty amazing.
Cheese! We loved coming here when we came to San Diego together last year.
The waves started getting bigger!
And the sun started to set, which had me in a trance. Every single minute made for an even more awesome picture.
Birds on the beach.
Cami and Crab.
The sun was on fire!
Daddy Daughters.
Our Family of Four
Perfection!
Better and better...
She's still holding her crab. :)
Love!
As we were leaving the beach, I looked back and everything was pink and violet! Be still my heart! And to top it off, this couple was standing like this gazing lovingly at each other for a long time. I couldn't help capturing their moment.
I am proud of this artistic shot.
Oh yeah, wait, it's Christmas?? :)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Those sunset pictures are amazing!! I asked your girls all about Disneyland- but forgot about the beach! So fun for them!
I'm dying! These pictures are awesome! And Coronado is my favorite beach ever. (Sigh) I need to go!
Post a Comment