Monday, April 27, 2015

January Shenanigans

 After the holidays, it's easy to feel a little down and dull during the heart of winter. But we don't let that get us down! Thankfully, there is so much to do around here, we never get bored. The girls enjoy a good Jazz game with Dad every once in awhile, especially with ring pops and headbands.
 We love any chance we get to go down to Springville and visit beloved cousins.
 Cami and Ari....oh how I love these two together. Art and music...Grandma Toone approves!
 We took a walk around our Water Conservation Garden Park near our house. Even in the winter, it's fun! Cami thought she'd pick Lexi up and carry her. :)
 Oh just showin off her super star from Kindergarten. I love when the kids come out of class with stars on their foreheads for doing something exceptional that day, like spelling a hard word or solving a math problem. Go Cam!
 Jake and I went on a date to the temple, with dinner at Red Thai Basil beforehand. Mmmm we love mango and sweet sticky rice for dessert!
 It's always fun to visit the Natural Curiosity Museum...
 especially with friends. These are Carlson kiddos.
 I like to drag the girls along with me to my favorite vegan gluten free bakery downtown every once in a blue moon. They love the treats too!
 Kate hooked us up with a membership to the Discovery Gateway Museum downtown, which is so fun. The girls love the hospital/life flight helicopter exhibit outside.
 Trying their hands at rock climbing...
 And lunch at Rumbi's afterwards
 I love this face!
 These two never tire of parks and playgrounds. As long as they've got a warm winter coat, they're good to go!
 We went to a safety kids fair, and Cami jumped at the chance to climb the rock wall. She's getting so good! Even in big boots!
 They also got to dress up and meet princesses, which is always exciting.

 Oh just a tea party with Rapunzel, no big deal.
 Of course, Anna and Elsa!
 The new feature film "Meet the Mormons" started playing at the Legacy Theater on Temple Square, so we took the girls to see it for family night. It's an awesome movie, and they did pretty well (except for Lexi) sitting through it. We walked around the temple grounds....
 And I think it was while Jake was riding Trax back to get our car by his work, the girls and I stopped at the family history center after the movie. They have this cool little photo op.
 And fun props!


 On free day at the Zoo, we went with my old MTC mission comp, Heidi, and her cute son.
 They have lions now! So cool!
 Group gorilla selfie!
 Oh there, that's better. :)
 And one random day, we decided to stop at the Gale Center in South Jordan on our way to the library. It has a historical museum, and this fun children's play area where they can pretend to be pioneers! Cami makes an especially cute pioneer girl, I dare say. The little schoolroom is the best part, with chalkboard and desks and everything.
 Oh and look who it is! A fun shot at the Dinosaur Museum.
 And spending time with cousins at the family Super Bowl party....Cami, Mae and Henry eating ice cream and loving all the fun hustle and bustle.
 Just documenting one of Lexi's first real ponytails with a big flower. So cute!
 Lookin cool at the dentist
 And this is one of Lexi's favorite past times....puzzles! This is our new favorite that she got for Christmas....we call it the Fairy Puzzle. It is awesome, and I love all the colors!
 We had a couple little sick days...and this is what the girls call the "sick couch". The only time they lay on it is when they're sick. And then they fall asleep on it, the only time Lexi naps anymore. :)
 After the sick day of being at home with Lexi, I whisked Cami away on a Yogurtland date!
 Bree came for a visit after work one day, and played games with and delighted all of us with her presence.
 Oh, can you tell we like frozen yogurt? Menchie's family night.
 I'd say January wasn't half bad! Although it didn't contain one ounce of snow to play in, we found our own fun. Boo-yah.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, Grandma Toone loves the art and music interests! You guys had a super busy January and looks like you did tons of fun activities! I love that picture of Lexi at the Gateway- she looks so grown up! And cute Cami is always a super star in our book! :)