Ohh Valentine's Day....such a lovely little holiday. We had a .good one this year, and Cami had so much fun exchanging valentines with all her kindergarten friends. Cami and Lexi also made cute little heart valentines for us at Grandma Despain's (our sweet neighbor) house. Lexi is getting good at writing her name- her "e" is always much bigger than the rest, and her x is like a plus sign. But it's super cute.
Cami got all dolled up in her pink for school on Friday the 13th. Valentines Party day!
While she was at school, Lexi and I did lots of puzzles. :) We wanted to see which ones were missing pieces.
And when Cami came home, she couldn't wait to open up her giant paper heart filled with valentines and goodies!
(Please excuse the nasty walls...this was after removing the wallpaper) Such a cute valentine holder idea!
Mrs. Schaefer gave everyone these cute mustaches.
Lexi tryin it on for size...
That evening, I had signed the girls up to do a "kids camp" with high school students at Bingham High School. It sounded so fun....going to different stations, doing different activities and some service. I was hesitant to leave them there all by themselves, but once they were settled in making cards for elderly, I knew they were having fun. They decorated and ate Valentines cookies, made smoothies, did a sorting game with candy hearts, did relay races, etc.I love Lexi's cute little zebra bum. :)
It was a fun little evening activity, and we'd do it again next year if they do it. We heard about it through a high school student in Cami's dance academy.
That night, my Valentine came home from work with surprise cookies from City Cakes Bakery for me. Yummy!
On Saturday morning, Valentine's Day, it was so fun to wake the girls up and see their faces as they walked into the kitchen to see their surprises.
That day, we went to the aquarium as a family, and Cami wanted to see the Sea Monsters 4D movie, which is free for members. It has water and air that blows out at different times.
Stylin' in our 3D glasses. Lexi did not enjoy the movie...it was about scary sea creatures.
The rope bridge is always a fun time.
On Sunday, the girls woke up and sat on the couch and read books, as they often do. I found Lexi lounging with her jammie shirt hanging wide open. She looked so funny, but she closed her shirt before I could snap a pic. :)
The girls looked cute in their reds for church that day.
And that evening, I drove down to Grandma Willes' house to have a girl's night and a belated Valentines party with Grandma. We played Hand & Foot, of course, ate snacks, chatted a bunch, and learned all about Cassity's new love. It was fabulous! Grandma also brought out her Book of Remembrance to show us.
Love this lady!
And one last picture of us- me without my lovely wig, which I only really wear when I'm out in public with people I don't know. What a blessing to live close by to these ladies- and I can't believe Brittney is moving away to California in 2 months! We will have to pack in lots more girls nights before then. And Mom, wish you were here. :) We miss you and love you.
1 comment:
Cami looks beautiful in her Valentine outfit! I love Lexi's "Leti"- so cute for a 3 yr. old! And the picture of you and Cami in your 3-D glasses is adorable! Also love the pics at Grandma's. Miss you all too!! xoxox
Post a Comment