Thursday, April 2, 2015

Cami Turned 6! Fun Facts About Her

All About Cambria
Nicknames: Cam, Cami, Cami Lamb, Silly Bill, Sweetie Peet

Age: 6

Favorite color(s): Blue (the color of Elsa's dress)

Favorite Song(s): Let It Go! From Disney's Frozen, all the fun kindergarten songs that her teacher Mrs. Schaefer teaches at school, Happy, All About That Bass, Firework, and other fun radio songs.

Favorite Primary Songs: "I Am a Child of God", The Baptism song "I Like to Look For Rainbows", "Book of Mormon Stories", "On A Golden Springtime", Popcorn Popping

Favorite Movies: Frozen, Annie, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, any Disney movie, and movies that we watch after reading the book (A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, Little House on the Prairie, etc.)

Favorite TV Shows: Odd Squad, The Magic School Bus, Max and Ruby, The Berenstain Bears, PBS Kids shows like Daniel the Tiger, Peg + Cat, Disney shows like Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First

Favorite Food: pizza, Pork Ribs with Asian Slaw (a paleo meal that she requests all the time), roast beef, chili, chicken noodle soup, chicken on the bone, chicken nuggets and french fries (Chick-fil-A), favorite fruit is strawberries. She still loves to eat frozen peas, and likes avocados, yogurt, applesauce, those little baby food pouches, and fruit. She's still a candy fiend, especially anything fruity!

Favorite Book(s): Junie B. Jones books and Little House on the Prairie series. She's been reading chapter books, like the Magic Treehouse and Arthur from the school library. :)

Favorite Game(s): Spot It, Rat a Tat Cat, Hoot Owl Hoot, Sorry, Monopoly, Uno, The Lady Bug Game, Candy Land

Favorite Toy(s): Lulu, Phoebe the yellow lab stuffed animal that we brought home from PA from my old bedroom, her dollhouse, Lego Duplos, Barbies

Favorite Activities: Going to Disneyland, going to kindergarten, playing on the playground and going on the monkey bars, reading, riding her bike (without training wheels!), riding her pink Razor scooter, rock climbing, going to The Natural Curiosity Museum, playing with new friends and neighbors, playing with Lexi, playing PBS Kids or Disney Jr computer games, playing on Daddy's iPad, going to Boondocks, going to the Aquarium, writing stories, drawing.

Favorite thing to do with Dad: Go to the park, go to the movies, and eat pizza. Go to basketball, too.

Favorite thing to do with Mom: Go to the park, go to the movies, show her what's in my backpack, cuddle, read bedtime stories

Biggest Accomplishments: Cami started Kindergarten this year! She absolutely loves it, and is a fantastic student. She became a CTR 5, and gave her first Primary scripture and talk where she read it all by herself and impressed everyone! She taught herself to read, within like a month, and surprised us all! She had swimming lessons last summer, and loved being in the water. She learned to ride her bike and has gotten so much braver. She climbed a whole climbing wall, and was so excited a few months ago when she finally made it all the way across the monkey bars! She has been taking Ballet since September, and has enjoyed it and learned lots of stretches, positions and moves! Cami also got to go to Disneyland for the first time last December! She absolutely loved it, and rode EVERY ride possible, and had no fear. She is awesome. She also went from CA to PA to NYC within one month!

Talents: Cami taught herself to read! And reads at a Level S in Kindergarten (4th or 5th grade level) She's our super reader. She also is very active and athletic. She learned how to ride her bike without training wheels after about 5 minutes! She's great at making friends and making people love her. She also has an amazing memory. She can whistle now, too!

Most Endearing Qualities: Cami is the most beautiful little girl! Her chocolate brown eyes, dark blonde hair and sweet smile make everyone say "How are you so cute??" She is sweet, loving, caring, and has a love of learning. She's friendly, sensitive, and kind. She doesn't judge...she's very accepting. Super smart, and is funny and makes us laugh. She still smells things, but has started kissing things after smelling, too. :)

Qualities To Work On: Listening and obeying the first time :) Gain more confidence, especially when talking to adults, and more self assurance. Cleanliness :)

Goals for next year: Improve math skills, and handwriting skills. Learn to tie her own shoes and blow bubblegum bubbles. :) Lose first tooth! Start 1st grade and continue to excel in school. Survive without best friend Ari living in Utah anymore. :( Join a soccer team and learn to play. Have the courage to bear testimony in sacrament meeting. Not grow up too fast.

What she wants to do when she gets older: Go to high school, Go on a mission, get married, and have good kids.

What she wants to be: A cowgirl or a princess, or a Dentist! Because you get to look at lots of kids' loose teeth, and take home fun prizes for your kids. :)

Quotes: See post here :) Also, the other day Cami said: I get to read with someone now at school! She's on Level L, and I'm on S. I've been reading with a stuffed animal. Even though it's fun to read with a stuffed animal, it's better to be with a human.

Can I play PBS Kids? Can I play on the iPad?
I'm going to read ALL the library books, right now! 
Mom, I made it all the way across the monkey bars!! 
My favorite part of my day was school! And my favorite part of school was recess.
I'm hungry! Can I have a snack?
I want waffles!
Can I ride my bike? Can we go to a park? A park with monkey bars!
I still love you, even without hair, Mom.
When are we going to get a baby?
I really really want a dog. Why doesn't Daddy want a dog? He's just focusing on the poop.
I don't need to go potty, I already went, this morning!
Let's go to Chick-fil-A!
Disneyland is the best place EVER!!

Current Stats: 42 lbs, 43 inches tall. 50th percentile across the board. Nice and healthy!

Love you baby girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Cami is just so precious! This made me emotional, and there were many laughable parts too. :) my first niece and official first girl baby that I loved. What a special little spirit. Love her!!