Monday, May 19, 2008

Murder Mystery Madness

Does this picture need an explanation? Yes, probably so. Well, this past Saturday evening, Jake and I ventured out to beautiful Midway with Clark and Emma (my wonderful in-laws) for a Murder Mystery dinner theater play. As soon as we got to the Inn on the Creek, these strange 1920's mobster characters started meandering around, chatting it up with everyone in their theatrical New York accents. This one guy, Harry the Lip, whispered the password in my ear (cherry coke) so that I could get in the door, and then this floozy bride came down the stairs and said that oh my gosh I used to dance with her at the strip club! I politely agreed, since the other characters seemed to know that that was exactly right and that I did the candy cane number. I didn't know whether to be flattered or offended! But anyways, it was a good time and dinner was excellent. Although we ate with the tramp, Trixie, who was an enemy to the airheady stripper bride named Bunny pictured above with Papa Yospe. He has kind of a look of shock, doesn't he.
We thought we'd dress up for the occasion. It said 1920's apparel optional, but I think I left my flapper dress in my closet in Pennsylvania. DANG.
Ummm Scuuuuse me?? Bunny decided to plant one on my hubby, which clearly took him by surprise. Luckily he's not one of the guys she sang to during the play with her feather boa...probably because he's so cute and innocent. :)
Or maybe not.
Even more so not. But he does look pretty good as a policeman! He wore this for the part when he was asked to help carry the dead body off the stage...haha. It was pretty fun, you all should go to one! You even get to be a detective and try to figure out who killed the victim, which I'm not good at. I guessed totally wrong, and that's why I'm in Activities instead of crime investigation.

7 comments:

Linda said...

You guys are too cute! And you have so much fun! Love the birthday pictures, Jake, and the Murder Mystery dinner sounded like a riot. You're both such fun writers. I always get excited when I visit your blog and find new entries. Keep it up! =)

Celeste said...

Looks like tons of fun and too bad about not having your flapper get-up!

Sommer said...

I've always wanted to go to one of those, I'm glad you enjoyed it. That's so fun that they said you used to be a dance, it made me laugh. Very cute pictures!

Jen said...

We went to one of those murder mystery dinners once...I think with Ike and Jana. It was a lot of fun. It looks like you guys had fun too:)

granny yospe said...

Very much fun! I love the kiss on Jacob's cheek!

brandi (and tim) said...

That picture of Jake with the police hat reminds me of the one of Grandpa Yospe. Heir to the crown.

cuz

Brittney said...

Ha ha! Great pics, and I love the look on your face, Heath, in the one w/ the lipstick. =) Way to defend your man!