Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Tending" Our Nephews

We had a fun evening last week at my sister Brittney's house watching her and my brother in law David's boys, Bryan and Matty. They're 3 and 9 months, and fun little tykes. Bryan is on a pirate kick right now, and wanted desperately for me to play pirates with him. So his pirate name was Jack, mine Harry :), and Jake's was Arrrrrdie. Bryan had me sit on his bed which was our pirate ship, and pretend that we were looking for treasure throughout his room. He told me to look for the Golden Carrot, and when I asked what the heck that was, he said it's gold and shiny! Ohhhh. We dodged sharks, threw the rope (broken guitar string) to each other, and pieced his little overused plastic pirate sword back together many times.

It's fun to see kids use their imaginations, and it's exhausting, too, cuz they never want their fantasy world playtime to end! I give props to all the moms out there with rambunxious little ones running around pretending to be super heroes, pirates, princesses, and cartoon characters and for playing with them! Ohh the carefree joys of childhood. I know when I was a kid, my favorite pasttimes included playing with Little People, playing in our playhouse built on top of the swingset, Barbies, Cabbage Patch Kids, trolls, school (in which I was the teacher in my little white rocking chair and my brother Nathan and a slew of stuffed animals were the students) and other enjoyable activities. I'm excited to have kids one of these days so that I can see them learn to play and use their fun imaginations, like I see All my nephews doing!
Nice cheerio, Matty. Savin that for later? And this picture of Bry is kinda funny...he looks all dirty with his drooly shirt and peanut butter and jelly face. Cute kid though!
And here's another cute kid joining him. :) He loves his uncle Jake and they have fun together. Jake's gonna be a good daddy someday!

6 comments:

Sommer said...

They sure are cute boys. Looks like you both had a blast! Good practice =)

Cheeseboy said...

ahhhhh, so adorable. Want to watch two more nephews?

Brittney said...

Gee, what cute kids! And yes, Bryan does have quite the crazy imagination! Today he had an imaginary friend (who coincidentally was named "Harry") eating dinner next to him. =) He's a hoot!

The Davis Family said...

What fun pictures! Sounds like you had a good time. We did end up buying a Wii and I must say that it is a blast and I'm even a little sore from playing it! We bought ours at Best Buy, but when we were at Wal Mart last weekend, they had five of them in stock (Montanans must have better things to do with their time than play video games - like ride horses :). I'm going to be in Grace over Memorial Day weekend and will be seeing Matthew at some point. If you wanted me to try and get one for your assisted living center, I could sure try and then send it down Salt Lake way with Matthew. Just let me know - my e-mail address is alan_dianedavis@yahoo.com.

The Davis Family said...

Heather - I forgot to mention that Montana doesn't have sales tax, so I would be saving you some money too! :)

Celeste said...

I guess since your sister is so awesome and I love Diane I'm totally going to pretend like I know you guys and blogstalk you (not the creepy kind of stalking, I hope). Nephews are too cute!!

No sales tax in Montana... sweet