Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Baskin Robbins...False Advertising?

The line for the 31 cent Ice Cream went out the door and down the road, and it was snowing outside!! Snow on April 30th? What's up with that?
Mmmmm....Heather with her Ice Cream..one scoop of Oreo and one scoop of Reeses.
Jake with one scoop of Fudge Brownie and one scoop of Oreo. What a great pose, huh.

Heather and I decided that we really wanted to support the firefighters, so we headed to Baskin Robbins for the 31 cent Ice Cream special that was advertised (see below). When we arrived, the line was out the door. Luckily they had extra staff there to help scoop Ice Cream, along with firemen to help out. When we finally made our way into the parlor, (it only took about ten minutes, despite long line seen above in the photo) we were told that there was a limit of two scoops per person. Isn't that false advertising? If I recall, the advertisement said that the limit was 10 scoops per person. Needless to say we are never going to Baskin Robbins again because of the false advertising. Just kidding, we had our fill and it was a great little treat. I don't think I could have eaten more than two scoops, not to mention that more wouldn't have been on my diet. I am just so proud that we were able to help out our fellow firemen. Of course that was the reason we went!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Parlor? Heather is right, you do use old people words.

The Yospe's said...

I would sue...

Kyle and Jessica said...

So good! The line was huge in Syracuse too, but the ice cream was delicious! I got myself two scoops of chocolate peanut butter:)

Cheeseboy said...

Out the door for ice cream? What is this, Provo? Their ice cream sucks. I can buy better stuff at the grocery store. It wouldn't be worth the gas money to drive there to get the 31 cent scoops.

Ike said...

I agree with Abe that their Ice Cream sucks. 31 cents a scoop is the limit I would pay on a normal day. It's the same stuff you buy at the grocery store, only you pay them about $3 to scoop it for you.

The Yospe's said...

I honestly have been to baskin robbins once in the last 10 years, and that's because we had a coupon