Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fun at Wheeler Farm April 12th, 2008

Saturday was such a nice day that we wanted to do something leisurely and fun outside. So we decided to go on a stroll through Wheeler Farm.


The outhouse at Wheeler Farm was a little stinky, but that didn't stop Heather from entering. Have you ever wondered why old outhouses had two toilet holes in them? Apparently privacy was not a consideration for people in the olden days..when you gotta go, you gotta go? Anyone? Grandma?
This round branch was actually pretty hard to balance on. Heather had much more luck than I walking across the tree.
Believe it or not, but sheep are Heather's favorite animal... ....mine is the giraffe, as previously blogged...but I couldn't find the giraffes at Wheeler Farm. (There are some new baby sheep this year at Wheeler Farm, everyone seems to love baby animals. No matter what animal it is, they are always attention getters.)
We found this bridge in the back woods of the farm. There was two of them right next to each other. Why? We will never know. They hardly crossed anything, just a very, very shallow dry irrigation ditch.
They let us try our hand at milking the cows. There is nothing like fresh warm farm milk straight from the cow's udder, but I really prefer milk cold and pasteurized.
Look at those pasty whites..that is one of the first times this year those legs have seen the sunlight.
I wonder if this horse got a stomach ache from all of the green grass we fed him? He liked it, but I bet he is regretting it now. Kind of how I feel after a bad dessert. Isn't green grass bad for horses? Anyone know?

So that was our trip to Wheeler Farm. You should all go there! If you have kids, it is great for them and there are some great picnic spots in the back woods. The best part is that it is all free!

4 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

I love the double throned outhouse at the farm. So you and your love can sit down together and have a poo, hand in hand. I have been thinking about installing a second toilet next to our first one.

The Yospe's said...

It's called a bidet (Not sure of the spelling)

Do you need some softener?

Heather and Jake said...

I remember the double the trouble "Love Toilet" on SNL. "Now you can share your most intimate moments and experiences together." It was one of those fake commercials they made on the show, in the good days of SNL. Does anyone else remember the skit I am referring to? They must have gotten the idea from old time outhouses.

Sommer said...

Yay free dates are the best. Looks like you all had fun!