Monday, April 21, 2008

















Our blog has converted to stripes! Thanks to my dear blog-loving sister, Brittney, we finally broke out of the ol template and found a new and improved cute one. Notice the unisex colors for both Jake and I. :)

Don't you love this brother picture? This was during Christmas time at the Yospe house after dinner one Sunday eve. We convinced em to bust out their instruments, and Jake played his trumpet for that one and only time. Precious.

I have to tell you a funny story that happened last Monday. Jake and I decided to go to the Nickelcade for our Family Night, since it's so dang good old fashioned fun, AND cuz we had a coupon for 99 cent entrance. What a deal!! So as we pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car with Jake clutching the coupon, a huge gust of wind came up and about knocked me back into the car. All of a sudden I heard Jake wail "NOOOOoooo!!!", and I looked up just in time to see him sprinting out of the parking lot and down the street. Mind you, this was state street in Murray which is a rather busy street with lots of onlookers. I realized that Jake was chasing a little piece of fluttering paper....yes, the coupon that would save us about $2.00. He almost gave up when it was too far into the busy street, but then a gust of wind blew it back onto the sidewalk, so he gave one final sprint and stomped on it...claiming victory! I laughed so hard as I stood there outside the Nickelcade enjoying the show. We had a great time inside...I beat Jake at air hockey for the second time in our relationship, and he won 100 tickets from getting the bonus out of one game of Tic Tac Toe! Our 144 tickets got us some nice little plastic trinkets and stale candy, but it was oh so worth it.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

That is a funny story, it made me laugh. I can just picture the whole thing and you standing there laughing so hard. How fun for you guys! Oh and I like the new blog look, nice strips =)You are now an official blogger=)

Brittney said...

Ha ha! How funny that Jake was more concerned about the coupon than his poor little wifey blown up against the car. =) I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Jen said...

I love the new blog layout...very cute. So, do all of the Yospe's wear striped shirts to thier Christmas parties? You know...kind of like the families who all wear red sweaters on Christmas?

Heather and Jake said...

I do like that story. Britt, just to clarify- the gust of wind was such a sudden thing, that both things happened simultaneously. So in Jake's defense, he had already lost the coupon when I was just getting out of the car. Of COURSE he's more concerned for his wife's well being than a silly little coupon...right? Jakey? :)