
We had a highschool flashback this week! For work, I put on a real live "Senior Prom" for the residents with a highschool group that volunteered to help out. It was simply magical. Jake was so nice as to get all dressed up with me and come and dance with the residents, while I scrambled around trying to GET some residents there. Geezo, you'd think they're all old and too tired to dance. But we did get a pretty good group, and some even dressed up, and most of them got up and danced when someone asked them to. I hung silver stars and a moon from the ceiling, we had yummy refreshments, and we even dubbed a prom king and queen. Oh and there was a random accordian player there to play a few jigs while people rested. haha. It was a good time.

Here's me and my good friend, Bob. He absolutely loves to dance, and even won first place in the Golden Games Senior Olympics dance competition with a sweet lady who already passed away.

Jake is quite the ladies man at my work. There's one latina lady who gets so excited when she sees him. Before we got married, the ladies kinda helped me make my decision cuz they always said how cute and sweet he was. Basically, if I wasn't gonna take him, they were!

The coolest part was that Fox 13 News showed up for the blessed event. A girl who helped plan it with me secretly wrote a press release about it, which put the pressure on to actually get the residents there! so when the news reporter guy came to me first, I was like, I have no idea what you're doin here. But he taped a little and we got a 10 second spot at the very end of the news that night, and if you'd like to check it out, go to Ikester's Blog to the right------> :)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh Heather, you are soooo skinny and pretty! You look so good, do you know that? You just look amazing. How fun for you, I bet those old people just love you. My favorite job I ever had was being an RA at the assisted living center working in the Alzheimer unit. It's just a very rewarding job I'm sure. I'm very happy for you! YOu and Jake are so cute together, you guys are the perfect couple!
You guys look so cute! I love the pics where you're dancing w/ the residents. =)
Post a Comment