Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ode to Heather

Heather doesn't know that I got into our blog and am writing this...Heather is far better at blogging than I, and does much better work...as you can tell. But I wanted to catch her off guard and surprise her for the next time she opens it up--- (Heather......SURPRISE!!!) Everyone else, go on and say it..... aah... Yeah, I know, it is cheesy.

1.) She is always looking out for what is the best for me. Even if that means telling me that I wore the same pair of pants earlier in the week....

2.) She is so kind to everyone around her. There isn't anyone who can dislike her because she doesn't give anyone any reasons to dislike her--in fact she only gives those around her reasons to like her with her kindness.

3.) She is so even tempered. She doesn't worry and knows that challenges will always resolve themselves. Even when I may worry, she is good at helping me be more this way. She has great faith and is a great example.

4.) She is a hard worker and is committed to whatever she is involved in. She puts in hours of service at work, even when she may be tired or sick from pregnancy. When she is serving others, so always so the extra mile and is so generous and giving.

5.) She is such an example to me of how to live completely righteous. If I ever happen to talk badly about someone and say something about them that isn't kind, she always lets me know and asks that I stop. She is the most loving and Christ-like person I know.

6.) She is always looking for a great deal. Good thing that we both have this in common:) We are always up for new cheap adventures or for free samples. In fact, just today she found a new pair of maternity slacks for just three dollars!

7.) She is great with family. She is so good at keeping up with her own family on a personal one-on-one level. She has so much love for family.

8.) She is going to make a great mom. She has so much patience and tolerance with kids and with everyone.

9.) She goes to U of U games with me and my family, even when she is the only BYU grad in my family. She will even cheer on the Utes, (except when they play BYU).

10.) She is a fox. Need I say more. (Yes, there are many more)

I am the luckiest man alive to have Heather. She is so perfect for me. She balances with me so well.

Heather.....You are the best. Thanks you for all you do. I love you!

7 comments:

Brittney said...

Jake, you are so sweet! I almost had a tear in my eye as I read that. =) And yes, you are a lucky man. Heather is a wonderful woman!!

Anonymous said...

Heather is all those things and more! We love her. You were nice to mention them, though. I think you are a pretty great team!
Love, Mother

Cheeseboy said...

Jake, you sly, sly devil.

Jen said...

Oh, how sweet, Jake. Heather is great, isn't she. What a cute couple you guys are!

Sommer said...

That was so adorable and sweet to read, you are a sweetheart Jake! I agree heather is pretty amazing, always has been!

Linda said...

Jake, what a fun surprise to see your Ode to Heather! Very sweet! I think you're both really lucky to have each other!

Ike said...

Nothing like the old hackaroo, breaking into the wife's blog...

It's not Heather's birthday, so were you in a fight or something?

Just kidding. We love you Heather.