Sunday, September 28, 2008

Summer Work Activities

Thought I'd post a few pics of stuff we've been up to at the good ol assisted living center I work at. This picture was on our Harley day...we had a Harley club come and bring all their bikes so that the residents could take pictures on them. I couldn't resist! And pull off lookin tough pretty well too, huh.
These 2 pics are from the Alzheimer's Memory Walk...the theme was "We're on the move to end Alzheimer's", and everyone just gets together and walks around a park after some breakfast. It's a good time every year, and everyone raises money to donate to the cause. Maybe someday they'll find a cure, otherwise we'll probably all end up with it to some degree! Kinda scary. This is our whole group from Canyon Creek, and we all wore shirts that our marketing lady made with faces of people who have or had Alzheimer's that lived there. And of course Jake was there to support...he's so wonderful, even when it means getting up at 6:30 on Saturday!
And these last 2 are from our classic car show and carnival that we had at work just a week ago on another Saturday. And here's Jake again! It was also a fundraiser for Alzheimer's, and had everything from classic cars, a bouncehouse, snow cones, hot dogs to a DJ, cotton candy, games, raffle and a dunk tank. Oh and the Bee's mascot, whom nobody invited or knew was coming. He just kinda showed up and took pictures with people. What a nice Bee.
Jake got designated as the cotton candy man, cuz they saw him do it once and were so impressed! Talented man I married.
Amongst these rousing activities, we also had an art show, trip to the Tracy Aviary and Antelope Island, and the Senior Golden Games, and a couple of residents competed in a Nintendo Wii bowling tournament for seniors at the state fair. :) The fun just never ends! We're also taking a trip to Wendover on the fun bus at the end of October, and I'm lookin forward to that one! Although I don't gamble....or smoke....or drink....but what else is there in Wendover?? The lunch buffet, of course!

3 comments:

Ike said...

We had fun, thanks for inviting us.

Nothing like a highly discounted Chipotle and a free cotton candy.

Too bad we didn't win the raffle.

Sommer said...

Man Heather that sounds like so much fun, you do so good with your job and I'm sure the residents just adore you!

Linda said...

Can I come and live there? =) You sure do lots of fun things! Good job Heath!! xox