Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our Awaiting Nursery

Ok, we're finally ready for you, Cambria! As I've said before, I am not an interior decorator or designer or whatever you want to call it. I do not have an eye for these things. So we've done the best we can. :) But I think it's a cozy little room that will be good for our little girl.
This is the crib that we were given by Jake's friend at work, which was WAY generous. And the hanging quilt was made by Jake's very talented sister, Esther. I just loved all the colors and designs in it, and thought it would be fun to have it on display and be able to play off the colors.
This is the cutest little swing that I'm so excited for Cambria to enjoy. One of the main reasons why I love it so much is because it's got little lambies on it, and it's so soft and cuddly with little lamb ears coming off the top of the seat, I just think it's precious.
Jake did a great job at watching for deals on KSL classifieds, and got 2 awesome deals on the dresser and changing table.
We added her name in vinyl letters to the wall, which is fun. We have yet to add pictures, which will probably be on either side of the dresser, and of course above the changing table so I can have fun things to point out to her while I'm changin her diapers. And Jake will be able to do the same, of course. :) Good man.
As you can see, I practiced my swaddling skills on a stuffed lamb. Yes, there are lots of stuffed lambs in the room because that is my favorite animal and have collected them over the years. Now Cambria gets to enjoy them all!

Sorry about the smudgy mirror, but those are the closet doors. I joked about this room when we first moved in that it could be a little dance studio! I'm sure she'll have lots of fun watching herself in these mirrors and getting them nice and dirty. :) And that's the glider chair that I'll get to spend lots of hours on, I'm sure!

This is the bassinet that she'll sleep in for the first few months up in our room. We're so anxious and excited for Cambria to come and replace that little teddy! One week from today...it's such a short time, though it feels like the waiting game is just dragging on! As of Friday, I was already dilated to a 3 and almost all the way effaced (for those who know what that means), and my doctor said she's all the way down and could come any day. But I guess she's just comfy and content in there and isn't in a big rush, which is fine. A St. Patrick's baby wouldn't be bad!

6 comments:

Sommer said...

That's crazy, you really could go any day, how exciting! I can't wait! The nursury is lovely!

Ike said...

Looks good! We're excited for you guys. I think tomorrow's the day!

Cheeseboy said...

The "nesting" is done. Baby's ready to come.

Linda said...

So cute! I'm so excited for you- you are ready!! The phone rang at 4:30 this morning and I thought it was you....but alas, a call for Dad to go see someone at the hospital. We'll be waiting for that fun call though!

Brittney said...

Looks cute, Heath! I'm anxious to hear about your latest dr. appt!

Woolf Family said...

congrats we cant wait to see picture of the little one