This is how I'm welcomed into the world?? What did I ever do to deserve this?

Our little Cambria was a little jaundiced when she was born, but we didn't find out until right before we left the hospital. So we had to get a billibed delivered to our home, and were given hardly any instructions on how to use it. We had to strip her down to her diaper and keep her on the hot plastic light table at all times, except for feeding and changing. She didn't like it very much, since her teensy body was so free and flailing underneath that giant itchy pocket with sleeves. We didn't even know we could put blankets on top of her until we called the company with questions, cuz her temperature kept coming up below normal. It was a long night with me sleeping on the couch next to her, and it was stressful! It's hard enough to be a new parent and to bring a newborn home for the first night and have no idea what you're doing as it is, but add another worry in there and it's not very fun! Luckily, when we got her tested at the hospital the next day, her jaundice was pretty much gone so we got to say GOODBYE to the billibed.


She did look pretty cute, laying there sleeping while helplessly strapped to the table under a layer of blankets. :)
4 comments:
cute
oh poor thing. It must be the Yosepe boys fault because Luke got really bad jaundices to. I'm glad that's over with for you guys.
It must have been hard to put her in there when all you want to do with a new baby is cuddle and kiss them.
wow that is stressful, i'm sorry you had to deal with that! I love her cute little chubby cheeks, she is adorable!
I am glad it only had to be the one night....I hated that bed!! She is so cute!
Post a Comment