Friday, April 3, 2009

Our LITTLE Peanut

Soooo....we had our 2 week pediatrician appointment yesterday. Cambria is almost 3 weeks old now, which is crazy, but we were anxious to find out if she's been growing! She still seems SO teensy to me, and I was worried whether or not she's been getting enough nourishment and gaining weight, etc. Well, turns out...

She still only weighs 6 lbs 10 oz, which is not even back to her birth weight! The good thing is, the doctor said it's nothing to worry about. We figured out that she's getting more than 2 oz. of milk per feeding, so she's getting enough...she just doesn't gain weight very fast! Hey, that'll be a blessing for her later in life if it stays that way. :)

So for weight, she's only in the 10th percentile! For head size, she's 25%, and for height, which is 20 inches, she's in the 50th percentile .
She really is one little peanut! Hard to believe she came from me, the 11 pounder. Haha.





Haha, I love this picture with her in her little pink teddy bear outfit. She wasn't fitting any of her clothes, cuz they were all just HUGE, so my mom sent out some preemie clothes, including this little number. The sleeves are like 3 quarter sleeves on her, but it works! Cambria already knows some great poses for pictures. :)

As for Jake and I, we're doin well and learning as we go! It was weird for me in the first week or so, trying to deal with being home all day and figuring out her schedule and imagine doing this day in and day out. But now I've gotten the hang of things a little more, and it's helped to get out of the house on occasion to take her for a walk, go to the store, the library, family dinners, etc. Everyone has been SO sweet and supportive, and we've gotten lots of offers for help, although I'm terrible at actually taking people up on those offers. I'm excited for tonight, though, cuz my mama is flying in to stay with us and visit for the next 10 days. She'll get to meet Cambria for the first time! YAY and I'm excited that this weekend is General Conference...I've felt a little deprived from missing church for a month and having my schedule turned upside down. It'll be SO nice to get some spiritual enlightenment! Now just bring on the warm, springy weather, and I'll be one happy girl!

5 comments:

The Fullmers Four said...

She is so cute! good job. Oh, this is Jake's cousin Rosalie, if you were wondering who I am. :0)

Jen said...

She is SO cute and precious!! I'm sure you and Jake are excellent parents! I can't wait to meet this cute little bundle of joy. I think she looks like both of you. I can see Jake in her, but I can also see a little bit of you (especially compared to your baby pics you posted of you). She's adorable!

Sommer said...

I remember feeling that way, like Ben would come home from work and I would ambush him just because it was sooooo hard to be at home all day everyday with little to no interaction, I do promise you though that it will get better, and much more fun the older she gets. She is so adorable heather, have fun with your mom!

Jolene said...

OH my gosh Heather, she is so stinkin cute! I still can't believe that you are a mommy, but Cambria sure is lucky to have you! More pictures please. =)

Ashley said...

She is so flipping cute! I am jealous! I never had a little peanut! I love her eyes. I am so excited and happy for you.