Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Cami!

Look at that giddy birthday face! Yup, our little pipsqueak turned 1, and it's hard to believe. Last year, she was due on St. Patrick's Day but she came 2 days early on March 15, the Ides of March. (Whatever that means-it was the happiest day of the year for us!) Little Cami got to celebrate her birthday 2 days early this year, cuz we had a party on Saturday afternoon with all of our family on both sides. It was a full house but lots of fun and excitement for Cam! That day, she was so excited, that she never fell asleep for her morning nap. Then she slept a long tmie in the afternoon and woke up right when everyone was arriving. So we hurried and put her party clothes on, tried to curl her hair only to have her pull at it until she was satisfied that it was ruined, and set her loose to play with her cousins. I had a couple games, like pin the cotton ball tail on the lambie (it was a lamb/animal themed party cuz it made me happy) and everyone took an "All About Cami" quiz to see who could get the most right answers for a prize, and we passed around a jar of animal crackers to see who could guess the right amount inside. Maybe I'm a nerd, but I had fun planning for it. I am an activities director, after all. :)
Here we are opening presents with lots of help from Luke, Bryan and Max. Cami's trying on her birthday crown from Esther and Josh, which she loved and wanted to hold the rest of the party.
Thanks to everyone for all her fun things- she was spoiled! Jake had the idea to hang balloons from our bannister on the balcony. Fun and festive! I didn't have the heart to take them down for a few days after.
I love this picture! Pure cousin love. Cami, Mae, Luke and Max just being silly and playin with a sheep and duck. Mae just turned 2 last week- Happy Birthday Mae!
Then we convened in the kitchen to sing Happy Birthday and watch Cami try to destroy the lamb cake I had spent hours making. (Not because it was super hard or fancy, but because it was my first decorative cake, so I'm a rookie and almost had a crisis with the lambie ear falling off)
There it is, in all its glory. Cam must have been trained well to not touch certain things, because she wouldn't even touch it! She ate a couple marshmallows, and then we had to take it away and replace it with a simple, easy to eat cupcake.
She managed to get down and dirty with something a little more her size. :) Notice she's still holding her special crown!
Oh yes, she had NO problem makin a mess. That's what we were hoping for!
This is always her least favorite part....getting cleaned up afterwards!
Don't mind this little collage I made...there's a couple other pictures in there.










Even her Great-Grandma Willes (my mom's mom) was able to be there, and we were happy she joined in on the fun.
Cami loves her Auntie Bree!
This was the day of her actual birthday, when she just enjoyed playing with her new toys and practiced walking around with her new Walk n' Ride toy that I so proudly got brand new for only 4 bucks! (Thanks to a Walmart sale and a Hasbro $5 off coupon. I'm just so proud) She walks really well with it, but gets stuck when it hits anything cuz she doesn't know how to turn or back up yet. She loves that birthday balloon, too. Ummm I'm not sure where her pants are, though.
And this is how we finished off her birthday. I took her to Gardner Village to look at the petting zoo animals and ducks by the stream, which she always enjoys. Cute little Cam. She missed Grandma and Grandpa Toone in Pennsylvania, but we were happy to talk to them on the Webcam after the party and feel like they were right there, just like how it was the day she was born a year ago. :) Crazy!
And here is the video that my brother, Nathan took of singing her Happy Birthday and the candle. She doesn't know how to blow yet, so I had to assist. She liked the flame! And the one below that is her and the big, intimidating cake. Luke didn't know she was allowed to touch it. :) And Brittney scolds Bryan for taking one of the legs. Good times. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Cami Lamb! We love you, sweet pea!

3 comments:

Sommer said...

That is such a cute cake Heather! Good job! I can't believe little Cami Lamb is one already! Boy does time fly!!! What a little lady she was with not digging into her cake.

The Davis Family said...

I love your cake! Great job! Sounds like a fun birthday party and very organized! I should take a few pages out of your book! :)

Linda said...

So sweet! All that attention on her- she did really well! Sorry I called Nathan right in the middle of it- but it was fun to hear a little of the excitement. Love the cake!