Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I can't believe it's July already! Holy cow. I think June flew by so fast because most of it was cold and rainy, so it didn't seem like summer. We just turned our AC on last week for the first time, since it was 95 outside. Otherwise our house has stayed nice and cool, which is so nice! The best thing that happened recently was my mom came to visit! She got here last Tuesday and will stay in Utah until August 5. So that's fabulous. It had been 6 months since she'd last been here, so Cami had grown a lot! I'll post lots more pictures this month of all the festivities and grandma's visit.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of Cami being her quirky little self. Recently, she discovered this hooded towel in her closet and likes to wear it for fun. She brings it to me and points to her head, and then takes off. This time, she headed straight for the food. I laugh every time I see her waddling around with it on, cuz it makes her look like ET.
Here's a cute recent picture of Cami and Jake before church. I love the vast array of sun dresses that I can dress her in!
Just 12 days ago, we welcomed a new nephew into the world! Kate and Jordan's little Henry. He is adorable, and Jake and I went to the hospital to see him. I just love newborns. I wouldn't say I'm exactly baby hungry, because Cami is still my little baby, but I do love holding teensy babies and can't wait to have another one down the road. :)
More sun dresses! She can't spend enough time outside on the grass. She loves it so much. I just wish I didn't have to do pooh patrol every time we went out there. I swear, there is a new pile from neighbor dogs in the front yard every time we go outside. That does not help me in persuading Jake that we need a dog someday. I do love them and want one, I just don't want to deal with pooh if we don't have to! Geezo.
Perhaps I was blowing bubbles in this one. Can't remember. But she's delighted over somethin!
Her Auntie Bree always delights her! Especially when she whipped out my guitar and serenaded her the other night when we had a slumber party. Jake worked the Real SL game, so Bree came over after work and we sang for Cami, played Set (an awesome card game requiring lots of thinking), and watched Ellen stand-up comedy. I laughed til I cried. Good times.
The next day, Jake, Cami and I went over to Daybreak for a model home street fair that they were having. It's such a nice, new area, and looks like a great place to live. We wanted to check out the decorated homes and get some ideas for our basement. It was nice to see that every single house had textured walls, just like what we're getting down there, cuz I guess it's the new in-thing. We got little gift bags with a kite for Cami, that big ol balloon, and she got to decorate a sugar cookie and load yummy candy on it for me to enjoy. It was fun until the very end when I was walking while holding her hand, and she tripped and fell and bit her lip. Poor thing- it got all fat. Why do kids have to get injured so often- it's just not fair to them.
I just like this sleeping picture. So peaceful. Doesn't look very comfy in that position, though.
Silly girl- in another sundress. She feels all dainty and girly in dresses, so she swishes them around a lot, twirls to her hearts content, and sometimes likes to chew on them also.
And drool on them. But still looks just as cute!

2 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

I love Summer, especially when you have little girls! Sun dresses are the best! Cami is sooo cute in them as well!

Brittney said...

Fun! I love the towel pics. Can't wait to play with you guys in Island Park!