Anyways, yesterday was Cami's 18 month birthday! Half birthday, if you will. We gave her a coloring book and ABC puzzle to help her celebrate, and went to the fair last night as a family and had such a fun time! Pictures to come later. She has her well check-up tomorrow, with no scheduled shots- yay! It'll be fun to finally find out how much she weighs these days, and whether she's still in the 5th percentile. Her little personality continues to burst right out, and she recently learned to answer NO to questions. Jake and I just have to smile every time, because it's the cutest little sound. "Cam, do you want some beans?" to which she answers in a high pitched "no?". "Cam, should we change your diaper?" ......"no?" It's fun to hear her answering for herself and having an opinion on so many things. Now she really does tell me what food she wants to eat, (her favorites still being #1 Avacados, and oatmeal, yogurt, grapes, fishie crackers, pizza and bananas.) She still doesn't really like milk, and turns her nose up at ice cream- crazy girl! But she will eat a whole avacado in 2 minutes flat.
Her favorite new word lately is "hat" pronounced like hatzsss, since she's really trying to get the "t" sound down. She points out every hat she sees in pictures or in person, and she's started to hold things on her head and say "hatzsss" like she's wearing one. Shoes, towel, stuffed animal, sippie cup...it's funny. The other week in primary, we sang the welcome song "hello, hello, hello, hello we welcome you today..." to some visitors. After it was over and they were sitting back down, Cam's little voice rang out singing "hehwoe hehwoe hehwoe hehwoe!" I love when she sings. And then last Sunday at Stake Conference, we were sitting in the gym listening to the speakers, and Cami looked up on the wall to a big picture of Christ (hanging under the scoreboard to remind those church basketball players to play nice) and she said "Jeeeeezs!" over and over. That was the first time she said his name, and we were so happy she knows who he is. :)
She loves climbing up the stairs and going "weee!" down them, loves balls, coloring, being funny, dancing, reading, and helping me unload the dishwasher. Such a good little helper, and such a fun little person to be around all the time!
I decided to start dabbling in the world of hair do's with her. As you know from looking at ME, I don't do hairstyles. I blow dry and straighten, and that's that. When I was little, though, my mom did my hair in all KINDS of cute braids and curls and loopdeloops. I don't even know how to french braid, but I'll learn. For now, we're starting out with simple things. Like pig tails!
*disclaimer* She does not walk around with a binkie....she had just picked it up off the floor from where she threw it out of her crib and popped it in. I give her one to take naps and sleep with...I don't even know if she needs them, but I guess we'll find out next year when we give them up!Are pig tails not the cutest things on any little girl??
This is a remnant of a kind of side ponytail before bathtime. And she is chewing on a pumice stone/brush, which is thoroughly disgusting.
Wahoo! The after picture. One of my favorite hairstyles on her.





7 comments:
I really mean this when i say that she is the cutest little girl i have ever seen. She is so adorable. I can't get over it.
I can't believe she's 18 months! She's gonna add Nursery atendee to her resume soon! Way to go little cutie! Darling hairstyles!
She's such a doll - I love her big brown eyes and cute hair!
Adorable pictures! I love all the ponytail shots. Cami is a doll! :)
My goodness, having ponytails and pigtails just make our little Cami Lamb look so grown up!! Cute as can be!
A ponytail!! That's so cute. I love all those pictures of her, especially the nubbies. :)
Heather she is so so cute!We find out what we are having on October 12th. I will be sure to post it. I am kind of thinking it will be a girl, but we will be happy with whatever we get!
Post a Comment