
Goodbye, to those super short blissful months of flip flops, hot dogs, swimming suits, sunscreen, slides and swings, popsicles and heat. I usually take summer for granted, hating the hot sweaty weather and not realizing the days are flying by so fast. And this year, June came and the next thing I knew it was September. This summer FLEW. But we had tons of fun and lots of pictures worth of memories! These first 2 pictures are just one of the times I took Cam to the local city park and let her swing to her heart's content. I don't think she's ever willingly gotten out of the swings, she loves it so much. Slides are ok too.
We'll miss the days of sitting in a kiddie pool in the sun, with toys galore. Bella was nice to share!

And the days of running through the fluffy green grass in cute little summer outfits with Ari...

And we enjoyed the SL County fair while it lasted, since it's 5 minutes from home. Cami was slightly afraid of the close-up sheep, but enjoyed the animals and especially the pig race. We waited for like 20 minutes to see 4 wild pigs run around that little track and disappear into the trailer. Truly riveting. But that's the county fair, for ya! We saw the Hypno Hick, too...the cowboy who hypnotizes people and puts on a pretty funny show.


We also will miss the nice warm weather to enjoy days like this at the Tracy Aviary. Jake hadn't been in years, so Cam and I showed him what it's all about. Cam's pointing to the bald eagle!


I will miss all those cute litte sleeveless sun dresses that babies can get away with wearing!
(But Cam's dynamic faces will remain)
And what says summer better than this picture??
2 fat pigs soaking in the sun's rays while lounging in a baby pool at Wheeler Farm. Love it. We went with our neighbor friends, Sara and Ryan. Ryan is about a year older than Cam, and when I used to visit teach Sara, he would play with Cam and share his fishie crackes with her. His mom told me he'd ask about her at random times, which is so cute. They're in nursery together now (if Cam would actually stay in there). At the farm, we told them to hold hands, and they did and walked around like that for like 10 minutes. Super cute!




And I thoroughly enjoyed getting into the mountains again the other week to go hiking. This time, we went to Silver Lake with friends and it was my first time, but such a beautiful place! A super easy stroll around the lake, with gorgeous scenery and fish and ducks in the lake. Cam enjoyed the backpack again, but also wanted to get out at this spot to look over the edge of the dock with the other kids.
(But Cam's dynamic faces will remain)
And what says summer better than this picture??
2 fat pigs soaking in the sun's rays while lounging in a baby pool at Wheeler Farm. Love it. We went with our neighbor friends, Sara and Ryan. Ryan is about a year older than Cam, and when I used to visit teach Sara, he would play with Cam and share his fishie crackes with her. His mom told me he'd ask about her at random times, which is so cute. They're in nursery together now (if Cam would actually stay in there). At the farm, we told them to hold hands, and they did and walked around like that for like 10 minutes. Super cute!



And I thoroughly enjoyed getting into the mountains again the other week to go hiking. This time, we went to Silver Lake with friends and it was my first time, but such a beautiful place! A super easy stroll around the lake, with gorgeous scenery and fish and ducks in the lake. Cam enjoyed the backpack again, but also wanted to get out at this spot to look over the edge of the dock with the other kids.It's been real.





4 comments:
I am sad summer is over already, it really did fly by so fast! So fun to see all your pictures, sounds like a fun and busy time :)
I agree the summer really did fly by so fast. I for one don't share in your sadness for summer being over, believe it or not it's probably tied with my least favorite season. I'm a big wimp when it comes to the hot weather. Those pictures of Cami are so adorable. She is the most photogenic little girl I've ever seen!
So nice. I'm going to miss all those things too! But FALL is so wonderful!! Just think of the things to look forward to now. :)
Wow- all these "end of the summer" posts I didn't even know were here! So fun to read about, and see how Cambria's just growing and learning and getting to be such a big girl! Love the pics of her holding her friend's hand....too cute. Summer was wonderful- but Fall's so beautiful- bring it on!
Post a Comment