Cami was excited to dye eggs this year. Jake was the one who was most gung ho about it...he went out and bought 2 dozen eggs just for the occasion. (He was excited to make devilled eggs out of them later). We all helped plop the eggs into the dye and put stickers and decorations on them.
Cheese! Cami with the finished eggs, looking oh so beautiful. Maybe one of these years we'll graduate from the box dye kits and do something more original, but for now it works just fine!
While my mom and dad were here visiting for a week, Mom came with us on Saturday morning to the South Jordan community easter egg hunt. I'd read about it online, and we tried to go last year but were too late, so this year we got there 15 minutes early to make sure we didn't miss it! It was craaazy...so many people, and the square of grass that was designated for 0-2 year olds was lined around the edges with tons of parents and kids. Mostly there was candy strewn all over, and a few eggs with little tirnkets or coupons inside. They had Chick-fil-A there giving free breakfast and coupons, so that was a plus. When the siren blew at 9:00, that was the go ahead to rush into the square and have at it. I went in with Cam, and she barely knew what she was doing so I had to help her. :) A kid could get trampled in this chaos!
She got fun candy and was proud of herself.
That night after she went to bed, I filled tons of eggs for Cami and Jake (even though Jake doesn't eat candy and Cami doesn't need candy...just for my enjoyment), and hid eggs in the living room for Cam and downstairs for Jake. On Easter morning, here's Cam in her little bunny jammies with her bunny cup.
We let her dig into her basket before church, and her favorite part was the Pez.
I got that cute Elmo basket on 90% clearance last year for a dollar! Love those sales. And I'm glad she still likes Elmo.
Church was very nice, and afterwards we took some pics outside.
And then had our little egg hunt. haha do you think Jake's too old for me to hide eggs for him?
That night, we had all of my family over for Easter dinner and a birthday party for Bree. We had a good time eating yummy ham, cheesey potatoes, green bean casserole, jello and rolls (I always have to give a food rundown...you know me and food). Here's me and my sistas...I mainly wanted a picture of Bree in her cute new dress.Then after dinner, we went outside and had another easter egg hunt! Man, they just never get old.
Here are the "kids" who hunted for eggs....Bree and Cassity included because we love them. :)And here's the whole fam, including my Grandma Willes and minus David (whose parents were visiting from Spain). I loved having all our family together! Happy Easter.
















1 comment:
You look so good heather! I was always nice and chunked up by the time I was even just 10 weeks pregnant. You are one lucky girl! Any who another random tidbit, I just got the same bib for Austin last night at good ol IKEA =) We're twiners now =) Anyhow you have a beautiful family and I love all the fun stuff you guys do. Cami Lambi is a lucky little girl to have you and Jake for her parents and such a wonderful family support system in her life.
Post a Comment