Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lexi's Baby Blessing

 Don't you just love this little vision in white? Alexia wore the same dress that Cami did when she was blessed, but Cami was a lot smaller and a lot younger, so I wasn't sure that it would fit. I finally tried it on Lexi the day before the blessing, and even though it said it only fits up to 12 lbs (and Lex is almost 15), it was just right! She looked adorable in that little bonnet.
 We had planned to bless Lexi back in November when my dad was here and a week after my surgery, but when I ended up back in the hospital, that took care of that. Little Lexi waited ever so patiently until it was finally time to be blessed on February 5th. We thought my dad would have to miss a grandchild's blessing for the first time, since he's been at all the others, but he fandangled a trip out to Utah! So everything worked out perfectly, and it was a beautiful Sunday morning.
 Posing in the full outfit, looking oh so pretty.
 Sisterly love! This picture makes me smile...Cam looks like such a radiant big sister.
Jake gave a beautiful blessing to Lexi in our sacrament meeting, and she slept through the whole thing. All of our family was there, except for my mom (in PA) and Allison and Katelyn (home sick). We took up almost one whole side of the chapel! There was another baby blessing after Lexi, and then a nice testimony meeting. Both my Dad and Jake's mom got up and bore their testimonies, which was really special. After the meeting, everyone came back to our house for a lunch with food galore! I didn't have to do a thing- it was fabulous. We had sandwiches, salads, dips, and tons of yummy desserts. Although it was crazy crowded in our little house, it was fun having everyone here and visiting. Here's Grandpa with the blessing girl.
Me taking a breather on the couch. See that cute headband with the clip on flower? A girl that I serve with in the Young Women crocheted it for me. She loves to do it, and I thought it was so sweet that she made one for me. Cute little headbands and things make me feel a little better about myself these days.
Bree, looking beautiful in blue.
Cami and Ari, best cousins forever! I love this picture with their matching blonde curls and totally different brown and blue eyes.
We tried so hard to get a decent family picture. This was the best we could get.
There she is, the baby of the hour! So glad our sweet Lexi was blessed and that everyone could share the special day with us.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yes!! I sure do love that little vision in white! I get teary eyed just thinking of the nighttime feeding/bonding times I got to spend with her in December. Very special memories. You all look beautiful- I really like the first family pic in the big chair! Sure wish I could've been there, but thanks for Skyping! =)

Unknown said...

I wish we could have been there! I was just thinking how fun it must be to host a big get together now that you have your lovely basement as an overflow :) I bet it got well used that day!