Gummy Candy
I've been on a gummy kick lately. I'm not sure why....probably cuz they're nice and soft and easy to swallow, and gummies are just so yummy! I love swedish fish, gummi worms and cherries, these yummy sugar coated gummy hearts that my mom sent for Valentine's Day....anything. So if you're looking to get me a treat, now you know what would make me happy. :) And speaking of gummy candy, check out this little number: a gummi BRAIN. No thanks, I'll stick to the bite sized gummies!Everything Fleece and Cozy Warm
This winter has been spent in fleece! I have a favorite pair of jammie pants from my mom that are just super cozy and soft, a fluffy fleece pullover from Brittney, fuzzy pink boot slippers from Bree, and a new favorite super soft sherpa blanket that Jake gave me for Christmas. I am set! It's so nice to go downstairs at night, turn on the gas fireplace, and cuddle up all nice and warm. Love it!
iPhone
This is what my iPhone case looks like...kind of a magenta pink, and I love it! Jake and I both got iPhones for Christmas, and it took me a little while to get used to it. I can't see well, so I got frustrated trying to figure all the apps and details out. But now I've got the hang of it and I enjoy all the little games like Scrambled and Words and Hangin with Friends, and I love my iPhone! Taking pictures and videos is so easy...the only thing I need work on is texting and typing on those little tiny keys, cuz I always push the wrong letters. All in due time.
Fried Eggs
Why fried eggs, you ask? I know, kinda weird. I just like a fried egg in the morning these days. I don't make them every day, and sometimes I switch it up and go scrambled, like today. But I just enjoy a good egg. Heaven forbid if I end up being allergic (pretty sure I have some food intolerances that need to be figured out) but I guess I could always use the fake Egg Beaters or whatever. I like the yolk broken and nicely mixed in with the whites, lots of salt and pepper, and a little browned. Yum.
My Kia Van
I love walking out my front door and seeing this beauty waiting for me. We've had it for about 6 months, and it has served us very well! I love driving it...it's nice and smooth, easy to get the girls in and out, and easy for me to get in and out too. Thank you, dear Kia friend...glad you're part of our family.
Travel Channel Food Shows
We don't have cable, but we do get a couple bonus channels downstairs such as the Travel, Discovery and History Channels. I LOVE watching food shows- I'm always watching cooking shows on PBS (Lydia's Italy, Cooking with Julia Childs, and America's Test Kitchen are a few favorites). The Travel Channel has some fun ones, including Man Vs. Food and Amazing Eats with this crazy guy Adam pictured above. I remember I was so appalled the first time I watched Man vs. Food, because it was so disgusting to watch him try to stuff his face and win an eating challenge before time ran out. But I got used to it. :) It's just fun to see where he goes all around the country and all the yummy foods he gets to eat. He's most crazy about meat, which I am not, but it's still fun to watch. Anyone agree?
PreNatal Gummy Vitamins
My Recliner
Well, it's not exactly mine...it's our family's....but I sure have claimed it! Thanks to my wonderful in-laws who gave this chair to us last year, it resides in the window corner of our living room and is my favorite and frequent resting spot. This is where I parked in between hospital stays at Christmas time next to the tree, and even where I've slept a few times during pregnancy or rough nights when I needed to be elevated. It's big and cozy and I love it.
Movies and Popcorn
There's nothing better than hot, buttery, salty popcorn! I LOVE movie theater popcorn...especially these days when I don't have to worry about squirting on the extra butter. When my dad was here visiting, we went on a date to see "We Bought a Zoo", which was SUCH a good movie, by the way. And Dad bought a bucket of popcorn that we devoured...it just makes a movie so much more enjoyable. :) I also just went and saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn with Brittney, finally, and wasn't a huge fan but still enjoyed it AND the popcorn. Jake and I are due for a movie date! I do get movies from the library every week, which is so nice because they're free and they have new releases. Movies at home with microwave popcorn are fun too.
Lexi's voice, and knowing that Cami's hair will always curl
I'm still trying to get a video of Lexi talking or laughing or saying anything! She's such a quiet girl- doesn't use her voice much unless she needs a good cry to let us know she's unhappy. She has yet to squeal or do a bouncy baby laugh, and I can't wait for that to come! She does have the sweetest little voice though, and she likes to listen to herself go "Ah ah ah ah" like little sighs over and over again. Sometimes she'll do it in the morning when she wakes up in her bassinet next to our bed, and it makes me smile.
And it sure is nice to be able to get Cami's hair wet and know that when it dries, it will be in little springy curls. Makes me smile whenever I look at a little ringlet resting on her shoulder.
Those are a few of my favorite things lately...what are yours??












5 comments:
:) Those were great! I love love love gummies too. Love them. Oh, and food channels. I watch Food Network shows on my computer - Hulu.com. It's great (and free). Cupcake Wars, or Iron Chef America, or Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, or Throw Down! with Bobby Flay, or ... I could go on. :)
You're one of my favorite things! And reading your blogs and seeing pictures of those beautiful girls, and hearing what makes you happy. Love it all!
Cute! I love posts like this. I've been meaning to do one - things I couldn't go without this pregnancy - and I'd include Toasted Corn cereal from Walmart, chocolate and peanut butter treats, my compression hose (surprisingly), good books, and our back-scratcher. :)
This is so adorable! It reminds me that I need to be more mindful of all the little joys in life. I agree about man vs. food...once you get over the initial shock of seeing someone scarf down so much food, it's kinda fascinating! How does he do it?? And what if the food isn't really that great?? Does he fake it and eat it anyway? :)
Right now my favorite things are---"10 Secrets Wise parents Know" (birthday book from your mom--love it!), Katelyn sleeping through the night (which she is not doing anymore these days), Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal (supposed to be Katelyn's but I'm eating quite a bit of it), and having new fun things to do through church (we just started a book group and a recipe group).
..."whenever I look at a little ringlet resting on her shoulder." Bahahaa! That made me laugh out loud. This is a super cute post. I had no idea you liked gummy candy so much... like Brittney did on her mission! I'll have to keep that in mind. Hmm.. what do I love? Chocolate peanut butter ice cream with banana slices! :) And cold cereal. I pretty much feast on that every night. And I love the routine every night I come home: I put Sadie on her leash, we hurry down the stairs, she squats, so pee, and then we take off on a sprint to the end of the block. It's fun and stress-relieving. :) Love ya!
Post a Comment