Wednesday, January 21, 2015

California Trip! Day 4- Balboa Park, San Diego Beach

 We stayed in a hotel in San Diego for the first 3 nights of our trip. Our room had bunk beds, which the girls were thrilled about! And it had a little kitchenette, too, which made it so that I could cook some of my own food. Otherwise, we ate out at places like Pei Wei and Chick-fil-a. The hotel had a continental breakfast, so they all enjoyed nice hot breakfasts and pastries and food galore. AND there was an outdoor slightly heated pool. It was still too cold for me to enjoy. I went once, just to be a good sport. :) But the girls went swimming 3 times I think. They looove swimming!
 And bunk beds. And having fun cartoon channels to watch on TV in bed. Look, Cami has a lamb- she's taking after her mama.
 On our last day in San Diego, on Monday, we went to Balboa Park. It's such a beautiful, vast, culturally rich place. The first stop we made was an international gift shop, where the girls each picked out a little trinket or toy. Cami picked out a little wiggly ladybug in a wooden box. :) Lexi picked a wooden ambulance toy, and I picked a little handmade doll ornament.
 Cami's proud of her ladybug, see? Cute picture with Grandma in front of the Botanical Building.
 Caterpillar! There were tons of them on the bushes right outside the building.

 Cute Cami Lamb and her ladybug.
 We didn't pay to go into any museums, and some of the free museums were closed on Mondays. Bummer! But we did go into this one for free because they wanted families to come and enjoy while they made a video of it. Yes please! It had a fun Dr. Seuss wing with all kinds of cool exhibits. Lexi colored her own Cat in the Hat hat,
 I really enjoyed learning more about "Dr. Seuss" the man. He was so interesting!
 It had a lot of his cool paintings and showed more of his deeper, adult side and humor.
 And these boys even got in on the crafting fun. :)
As we continued on through the park, I was in awe over these gigantic tree roots. It made me feel like we were in a rainforest.
 Lexi Lou really wanted to climb onto this dragon sculpture. I love these pictures of her cute little legs and determination. :)

 Success! So proud of herself!

 My favorite spot- so beautiful!

 Cool tree
 Cami always wants to climb.
 After Balboa Park, we left and had already checked out of our hotel and were ready to head north to Anaheim for our next leg of our trip! We decided to stop at one more beach along the way, which had a playground, much to the girls' delight.



 I love the ocean sky!

 Palm tree perfection. I absolutely love this.

San Diego was good to us! Now on to Anaheim adventures!

2 comments:

Linda said...

All thee beautiful pictures make me want to take a vacation to San Diego! Love the beach pictures, Lexi's beautiful curls and cute little legs, and Cami's french braid and big smiles. Sure love these cuties! Beautiful family picture too….and I'd love the Dr. Seuss museum! :)

Brittney said...

Those beach pics are so dreamy!