Sunday, January 18, 2015

Thanksgiving and Me Turning 32!

This year for Thanksgiving, it was an off year for the Yospe's. We had thought it was an on year, though, so Brittney made other plans, and Mom and Dad went to St. Louis to be with Nathan's family, and Bree went to Colorado. When we found out that we might just spend it alone, that was an interesting thought. Then we entertained the idea of going with Grandma and Grandpa Yospe to a place like Rodizio Grill. But then Jake made the point that this would probably be the only year we'd be able to host in our house and invite his parents and Esther. So that's what we did! I put him in charge of the turkey, and Emma, Esther and I made a few dishes each. I saw this cute idea on Pinterest to make turkeys out of fruit, so that girls did this with Grandma before the big meal. They settled on the floor so as not to mess up the nicely set table, bless their hearts.
                   




The meal turned out delicious, and I'm glad we had the opportunity to host. It was lovely.
Our Thanksgiving door.
And our annual Thankful tree, which we added leaves to every day throughout the month. Love this tradition!
Downtime with Grandpa and full bellies.
The turkey carver. It ended up needing to cook longer than we anticipated. Oops! But tasted great in the end.
And here is an awesome photo of my apple pie that I'm quite proud of. Doesn't that look deeelicious?? Fresh apples, natural sweeteners, grain free almond flour flakey crust. Yum.
We had a great day and decided to NOT give in to the Black Friday craze that has now infiltrated Thanksgiving Thursday. Ridiculous. Black Friday's no fun anymore. I miss the days of waking up early and hitting the stores excitedly at 6 am. Then they started opening at 4. Then midnight. Now the day before on the ONE day of the year that is dedicated to family time. Uh uhhh not cool.

Anyways, on Saturday, we celebrated my birthday early by going to see Big Hero 6, a really cute movie for kids and adults. Here's Beymax, the loveable robot (who Cami named her Betta fish after).
And we ate a yummy dinner at Sawadee, a Thai restaurant downtown. It was Small Business Saturday, so we actually got paid by American Express to eat out! Score! Thai food is my favorite these days. Soooo yummy. Give me some chicken curry and shrimp pad thai, and I'm a happy woman.
Speaking of Thai food, on my actual birthday on Monday, Dec. 1, Brittney took me out to lunch to Simply Thai. The kids all loved going out to lunch together!
And I love sister time!
Ohh these girlies.
That evening when Jake came home from work, he brought home a surprise CAKE from my favorite bakery, City Cakes! It was gluten free, vegan, red velvet, and deeeeelicious. I was so touched and delighted!
Look how cute and beautiful it is! Bree got me a cake from here when I turned 30, too. That place is awesome. I love their zucchini bread and treats when I feel the need to indulge! Happy Birthday to me. 32....oh man.

YUM. Rich and moist.
After enjoying some cake, we went to dinner at Zupa's, which the girls have decided they love. Then we went to Thanksgiving Point holiday lights. There was a huge line to get in the park to see them, but it was fun and festive.
Even included a nativity at the end.
Bree's present to me was a date to Color Me Mine, where we were able to pick out and paint our own pottery pieces. I painted a lion piggy bank for Lexi :), and Bree did a cool pasta plate. It was so fun! Love my Schmee.
Britt was awesome and gave me one of her coats, and some all natural lotion and lip balm. Mom sent Kohls gift cards and clothes, my in-laws generously gave money, and Jake got me a nice new pillow, Amazon gift cards, etc. It was as fabulous a birthday that any 32 year old girl could ask for! Thanks to all who made it special. I think good things are going to happen this year. I have high hopes. :) But I sure am blessed, and grateful for the life that I have and the people I'm able to enjoy it with.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love your last thoughts, and so glad you had a wonderful birthday with loved ones. Happy 32 beautiful girl! And your Thanksgiving looked great!