
Heather is watching "Mobsters and Mormons" right now and I am really bored. I could have told her it was going to be stupid and not to bother watching it before she ever put it in! I am half asleep and I have completely lost interest in it. I just don't understand why all at once so many people thought they could make it big with a locally produced, low-budget film that has a really limited audience to begin with? But there are a lot of really lame Mormon movies out there now. Luckily she got this one from the public library, so we didn't have to pay anything to sleep through it. Are there any other movies that we should avoid? Last Saturday we did go and see "27 Dresses", it was a major chick-flick. I knew that going into it...but I think Heath liked it. It was not my favorite. I have seen a lot better chick-flicks. The best one that I have seen lately was "Dan in Real Life." Maybe I liked it more than recent others because it wasn't SOO chick-flicky. Are there any other mediocre chick-flicks we should avoid?
5 comments:
I could've told you to skip that one. Jana and I have pretty much sworn off all "mormon movies," and by sworn off - I mean just that. We don't watch anything that doesn't have at least 5 swears!
Mormons and Mobsters???? Hmmm, what about this title tells me that this movie is going to suck and suck badly? What's next, "Baptists at a Mormon BBQ"?
Oh wait.
I think mormon movie makers think that mormons are more interesting than they actually are.
Of the LDS films we have seen, Kate and I thought that this one was at least a considerable ammount more entertaining than the others. There was an actual plot line, and it wasn't so preachy. Agreed though, it doesn't compare to higher budget films. I had a client when selling radio- Canlelight Media- that sold these types of movies once they hit DVD. That's where they make somewhat of a profit. Just ask around in church to see who's seen these types of mormon films at church. You'll find that a good percentage have, though they probably haven't seen any of them in theaters. I know that's the case for us. Sadly, we own this one as Kate's mom got it for us for Christmas. I agree, they should stop making them. They remind me of the "KJZZ Cafe" or "Not On the First Date."
I really want to see Dan in Real Life. It looks like a good one, so I'm glad to hear you liked it. As far as bad chick-flicks go...the worst one I have seen is Forces of Nature. Dumbest movie ever!! I agree, most church movies are pretty lame. I think the best one is Singles Ward, but the rest of them are just too over the top.
Post a Comment