One of the highlights of this summer was our weekend getaway to the Yospe cabin in Island Park, Idaho, up by Yellowstone. It was a lot of fun, and a little more relaxed than the trip Jake and I made last year when we were dating. :) He was so surprised last July when I said I'd go with him and his WHOLE family up to their cabin, that he tried really hard (and succeeded) to impress me. We drove to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and saw the Bar J Wranglers, rode a ferry across Jenny Lake and hiked in the Tetons, went horseback riding by the cabin, swimming, rafting, 4 wheeling, etc. His family hardly ever saw us!This year was more kick back...but we still did plenty. The 4 wheelers always provide a good time, as you can see below. Thanks to Cathi and her brilliant mind, we had these coveralls (or leisure suits, as we would call my dad's) to keep us dirt free from the neck down! But no matter how much you think you're covered, even with a full-faced helmet and sunglasses...if you're riding in back of anyone on those 4 wheelers, you WILL come back caked in dirt.
I rest my case. (This was after a 2 hour back country extravaganza to Big Springs)











Do you think these coveralls are a little too tight on Jake? Not sure.But yeah, we had a good time. Everyone made way yummy meals each night to share, and we made dutch oven lasagna with Ike and Jana which was deeeelicious! And Jake and I couldn't scrounge up any rafting goers, so we flew solo on the rip roaring rapids. There's one picture of Jake pulling the raft cuz it was too shallow at the beginning, and we were seriously doubting our decision to go...haha. But once we got goin, the water was great and it was a good ride. We'll look forward to another fun trip to Grandma Yospe's cabin next summer!
7 comments:
That picture of Jake might be one of the grossest pictures I have ever seen. Good post Heather.
Yah, I'm going to go ahead and say Jake's coveralls are WAY TOO SMALL!
It's good to see you guys bloggin' again. I have missed you. :)
Why, what a fun trip, I wish I could hve been there, you guys are a gorgeous couple!
Hey Jake-
I left this same comment on my own blog, but then I realized that maybe you don't check back and read the comments...so here is my response to your comment...
We did have a good time indeed with you guys. Sorry that the Cowboys totally dominated Utah...he he. And yes, of course we will be attending that game again this season...however, I am not expecting the same outcome. :)
Anyway, we played Ohio on Saturday. I'm not sure who we play next week...maybe Airforce???
Looks like fun - minus the dirt and Jake's wedgie. =)
Yay! I am so glad that you found me! I have thought about you and your family over the years!! How is your sister (older)?? Anyhow, it sounds like things are going really well for you...keep in touch! You guys are beautiful!
Hey! I think rafting would be so fun! You guys really look like hardened criminals!
omheather.blogspot.com
Post a Comment