Monday, April 12, 2010

13 Month Update: Spaghetti, Standing & Spiders

Cambria is 13 months this week, and I thought I'd keep track of all the fun things she's been doing lately. For starters...she helps me choose! That's right. It's never to early to give kids choices, right? So the other day at Target, I had a choice between 2 lightbulbs that would both be free. One was big and one was smaller, and I couldn't remember what we needed at home. So what did I do? I held both of them up in front of her little face and watched her little eyes until they glistened and she reached her hand out and grabbed the bigger lightbulb. That was that. She's helped me choose other things at the store, like a green flower shirt over a blue bunny shirt, and one box of crackers over another. It makes my job so easy! Sometimes my hardest choices are trivial ones, between 2 goods. Since I'm fairly indecisive, it's so nice to just have Cambria make the decisions for me. :) That's ok, right?

She eats everything we give her now. She LOVES food! Here she is, eating her first spaghetti. Watch the video below to get a good chuckle at her noodle enjoyment.






The other day, I was sitting on the couch and Cami was standing there by me, and she pointed up to the wall above me. She usually points at the picture above the couch, so I said, oh yeah, the picture? But she continued to point higher up on the wall. So I looked, and lo and behold there was a little black spider crawling on the wall. It made me laugh that she spotted such a little thing.

She grew a love for my old hippo friend, Pooters. I got him for Christmas when I was like 10 and used to sleep with him every night. He has beans in his butt and hands, and she loves to cuddle with him.

She also started having little mini temper tantrums. They really just make me giggle but I try to not let her see. The other day, I sat down in the chair in her room and told her to come to me. She'd been playing across the room, and she wanted me to come over there and pick her up. I didn't, so she did her little tongue blowing, spitting thing that she does when she's frustrated, and laid down on the floor and pouted. She even rolled and kicked a little bit. She'd get up and start to crawl over, and then act like it was way too far, and just roll over and whine. haha it was funny. I'm sure it will get to be not so cute and funny as she gets older though.


She always finds that dumb blue snot sucker thing on the changing table shelf. I really need to keep it in the medicine cabinet so she can't get to it. But I like these pictures anyways, and her little froggie legs sitting indian style.


Jake just told me to call the tongue blowing thing, "flutter tongue". haha. She does that as a greeting now too. When we go get her out of her crib after she wakes up, that's the first thing she does when she sees us. I think it's just fun for her to do, so it's not disrespectful yet.

How do you like that bow? Grandma Toone made it for her, and it's really cute, so I just wanted to try it on. Maybe we'll wait a year or two. :)

On Sunday after primary, she learned how to push herself up to standing without holding on to anything. It was so cute. Once she did it, she kept doing it over and over and looked so proud of herself! I can tell she wants to walk so badly, cuz now she's started crawling on just her hands and feet, like a chimpanzee. She's so close! Just needs a little more courage to take that first step.

She says dada a lot, and says mama sometimes but usually only when she's whiney and wants something. She calls me dada when she sees me, but I don't mind. She has mastered "Hi" and says a cute wow wow wow, uh oh, and she started mimicking things we say like I love you..."Ah yuh youuuuuu".

She got to enjoy her first ice cream cone when we went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch the other week. What a yummy mess! And I just like this picture below.
And this one. She doesn't suck her thumb, but it looks like it in this pic. Who can resist those big brown eyes?? By the way, I don't know where she got brown eyes. I have greenish and Jake has hazel, so hers are special.
And this is what I saw when I looked out our window on April 1st. As the east coast was enjoying 90 degree weather and my parents were paddle boating in D.C., we were stuck inside waiting for the snow to melt! Crazy. It's getting warmer, though, and it's so fun to see the tulips starting to pop up in the yard.
And this is the view from our neighborhood. Gorgeous, I love the mountains! Definately a plus for living in Utah. Maybe this summer, Jake and I will hike Mt. Timpanogos. And I did go running the other day, by the way, on the Jordan River Trail and it felt good!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow, that whole post made me chuckle! I can't believe she's doing so many fun things. I was seriously thinking today that I'm having Cami-withdrawl. We need to see her! :) She's a hoot. Love ya!

Kelli said...

Man, cami is so adorable! She does so much! Ky just keeps me so busy especially with her scooting all around now! It is so fun with all the new things they do! I love the mountain pic! I miss them so much!!

Linda said...

Fun post Heather! The spaghetti video cracked me up! And that bow is still as big as her head! She's a sweetie pie!