Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Haaaaapppy Easter! I Love Egg Hunts

We had an awesome weekend, watching General Conference and celebrating such a happy holiday. It started out with my mission reunion on Friday night, which was at my President's house up near the U. It was a nice casual dinner, and was fun to see a few people I served with and watch Cami work her charms throughout the night. I love President Wirthlin and his wife....they have 17 kids and are up to 70 grandchildren now! I know, hard to believe. He was a neurosurgeon and is the one expert in the world that knows how to perform the surgery that was done on Joseph Smith's leg as a little boy. He and his wife are so down to earth and loving, and he recently called to be Patriarch. He reminds me of my dad, too. So it was great to be in their home again.

On Saturday, we got up and decided to check out the South Jordan Easter Egg Hunt at 9 am, just to score a couple eggs for Cami. But alas, we arrived about 5 minutes late and everyone was already walking back to their cars and going home. LAME. That's what I hate about egg hunts....they last about 3 minutes and one kid gets 19 eggs and another kid gets 2. If I did my own community or facility egg hunt (which I did at my assisted living center as activities director and it turned out fabulously, I must admit), I would start the actual hunt about 15 minutes after meeting time, to allow stragglers and go over rules, and then split up the certain age groups and have a limit to make sure everyone gets sufficient eggs. Just sayin.

Anyways, that day was filled with General Conference sessions which were AMAZING, and I noticed a definite theme of families and teaching youth. I loved it. I loved the talks on motherhood, and I loved the goofy mood President Monson was in when he talked about his wife at the beginning and said how she'd be embarassed but that was ok. :) I have a little book that I take notes in for every conference, that I started on my mission in Germany over 5 years ago, and it makes me happy. So that day, we also went out to lunch to Sweet Tomatoes, and then that night I went to Deseret Book while Jake went to Priesthood session. I didn't win any drawings, but did enjoy some yummy treats, and it's kinda fun to be amongst all the excited screaming women and has become tradition for me now, just like my cute little Grandma.
On Easter Sunday, I got up early so that I could hide eggs for Jake and Cami, and put the casserole in the oven. We did indeed have my beloved breakfast casserole! Mmmmm. And we had fun watching Cami get excited over her little Easter basket and the few eggs that she managed to collect around the room.The General Conference sessions were perfect for the occasion, focusing mainly on Christ and His sacrifice and resurrection. The talks were beautiful and I was sad when it was all over. But then we got to head over to Brittney's house for an Easter dinner with my family and David's brothers and Grandma. It was delicious and we hid more eggs for Bryan and Matty to find, just for fun. Yay for happy holiday weekends! I did the pictures kind of backwards from most recent, so let's take a look at what else we've been up to in the past couple weeks! We've KIND of welcomed spring, and we looked forward to Easter by dressing Cambria up like a little pink princess for church the Sunday before. I love this outfit...she got it from my mom for her birthday, and it'll only fit for a little while longer! She looks like a ballerina doing stretches in this picture.
Total girl.
A week before Easter, I took Cami to This is the Place Heritage Park for a huge community Easter Egg Hunt. Following my habit, I was about a half hour late, and everyone was walking to their cars already. Grrrrr. But we went in anyways and took a few pictures, and got some pity candy from a nice lady. I don't know if we'll try it again next year....there were 16,000 people who showed up, which made it insane but adventurous. Cami liked this little mini house.
And the horsies.
We also welcomed my new niece, Clara into the world on March 24, and here I am meeting her for the first time. She's Ike and Jana's first girl, and she is soooo sweet and teensy!
And here is my baby. Holy cow, she's big. And goofy.
We snapped some pictures one Sunday after church when it was actually springlike, and Cami loves those daffodils!

And we got to go to our other niece, Mae's 2nd Birthday party, where she truly was a princess. She's wearing a tiara and tutu, holding an Ariel doll and a princess cell phone-way cute. She is so cute with Cambria.
Cam's also enjoyed seeing the ducks in our yard a few times. It's a duck couple that comes every year for spring, which I think is fascinating.
Come on, spring! We're ready for ya!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Fun pics! I like the little flower in her hair in the first ones. She is goofy, but so dang cute and lovable!

Sommer said...

Sounds like a great Easter! I love the way you dress Cami and that ballerina outfit is so adorable!

Linda said...

So cute! Adorable outfits for an adorable girl! And her cheesey little smile makes me laugh. =)