But nowadays, the couponing can get a little out of control! That's what technology does- takes everything to another level of intensity. So anyways, I started visiting some couponing blogs, which are written by good ol moms who have learned how to save a buck or two on things like Pillsbury cookie dough and Uncrustables. I was never too interested, cuz I don't buy those things anyways. But I decided to give it a try, and started taking note of when they post about freebies and super sales and things that looked interesting to me.

This week is Doubles Days at Kmart, which means that after you sign up for one of their little rewards cards, like a Smith's card, any coupon (up to $2.00) that you use on an item is doubled. So I was pretty excited to try my hand at this one, cuz 4 bucks off certain things is pretty cool, and I have a Kmart right around the corner in walking distance. I took note of what coupons to print off various sites, (since we don't get a Sunday paper and probably won't for a few years) and read about what items those expert moms were saying would be free or close to free. So all that stuff up there in that there picture, I got either for free or for less than a dollar. I ended up paying about $3 for all that good stuff. Even the movie Family Stone, which I LOVE by the way, was only a buck after my doubled 2 dollar coupon. YAY. And today I went to Target and got some other almost free stuff, like a light bulb, lip gloss, lotion and body wash with coupons.
Some of you might be laughing, thinking I'm either a nerd and need to get a life, or you're thinking Honey, you ain't seen nothin yet! Either way, I know. :) But it is kind of addicting, and although I would love to learn how to sew or take a spin class or something, I think this is a good little hobby for the time being. I just have to get a little better at it so that I don't have to convince Jake that we really do need Visine and Multi Surface Windex. If any of you have experience and are willing to share any handy tips, please do.
4 comments:
I've been reading a lot of blogs about couponing and deals too. Joe ALWAYS makes fun of me when we get free samples in the mail of totally random stuff, but freebies are so fun! If you have any tips, let me know...the whole thing is fun, yet super overwhelming!
Way to go, Heath! You never know when some of that stuff will come in handy. :) $3 for the movie alone is a great deal! Are you on the e-mail list for pinchingyourpennies.com? They have something called the Screaming Penny which I like, too. Good luck, and you'll have to teach me what you learn along the way!
Yay! Finally there is someone else out there that loves a bargin as much as me! It really is a thrill. I agree with you. Hey, we can be nerds about it together. :o)
My nerdness is out as well! I've been trying to do the same! Actually I just clipped and printed some new coupons an hr ago! ha ha I try to use at least one coupon whenever I go out...it makes me feel good about saving just 55 cents! I have a big binder of organized coupons that I take with me to the store! =) I love moneysavingmom.com...well I actually don't spend much time on her site I just enjoy getting her emails about deals. I don't get the paper either so it is pretty intense sometimes looking online!
Post a Comment