Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Eve Temple Square Trip

On Christmas Eve, I was so proud of us. We actually got up and went for a walk/jog to the Jordan River Temple. What a lovely way to start the day! It was cold, but it felt really good to get out and take Cami in her stroller and enjoy Jake's day off. It was my first time running in a while, and it motivated me to keep it up! I just wish it weren't like 20 degrees outside this week. :) Jake wants to start running again too, since he was so dedicated a year ago, and we kind of suck at exercising now. Although church basketball starts up this week, and we're both going to play! Yay us. I laugh at the thought of me playing on the women's team though, just cuz I know I'm going to suck.

Anyways, later on Christmas Eve day, we were excited to go out to dinner with his family that night and got tired of waiting around. So we headed downtown to go to Temple Square around 3. We walked around the new Deseret Book, and then the Joseph Smith Building. I love that place.

Even in the daytime, the Christmas decorations and grounds are beautiful!

Look at this cute little bundle of winter!
Inside the visitors center, we watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas. I love that movie.
The new model of the temple inside the visitors center is awesome. It's cut in half and shows the interior of the SL temple and all the rooms. I didn't know the chapel was so big on the top floor. We stayed until 5ish, right when the lights started coming on.
From there, we drove high into the hills of North Salt Lake/Bountiful area to see the big houses with Christmas lights. We even saw a bunch of deer bounding through the snowy yards. Dinner was at Joy Luck Chinese, where we had our wedding dinner, with Jake's parents and Abe's family. YUM, it was so good. And they had a massive fish in the tank.
That night, I was just SO happy. I love Christmas Eve even more than Christmas, because of the anticipation. It's a day of looking forward to, and I love the peaceful feeling of that night when all the presents are wrapped and waiting under the tree, and the pure happy feeling in the air. And this year, it was so fun getting Cami ready for bed and putting a cookie out for Santa and being excited with her about the morning.

1 comment:

Linda said...

This makes me want to have Christmas all over again! We sure missed you (and your voice!) in our caroling this year, but it sounds like you had a wonderful day! And your house looks so Christmasy and cute! Sad that it's all over!