Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Morning- What Dreams Are Made Of!

This year was different than any other Christmas Jake and I have ever had, because it was just us! My family was mostly all together in Pennsylvania, but we decided to stay home this year and be with the Yospes, and have our own Christmas morning at home. And it was delightful. Very fun to see Cami having fun, and I enjoyed being all grown up and taking care of presents, stockings, breakfast, etc.


I was the first one to wake up on Christmas morning. I'm still like a little kid cuz I get so excited. I went downstairs and into Cami's room and announced, "Merrrrrry Christmas!" (She was already awake...good thing). And then we went up and pounced on Jake. I got the breakfast ready, and then we told Cami to go up the stairs so that we could watch her come down and see her present from Santa, stocking, etc. That's the best part!


Well it was the slowest descent known to man, and she finally saw the bead rollercoaster thing from Santa and got excited, and then we opened our stockings. Here I am with all the notes that Jake wrote to me throughout the month, and we read ours out loud to each other. That's one of my favorite family traditions...writing nice notes of appreciation during December and sticking it in their stocking and reading them on Christmas morning.
Here's a bunch of pictures of present unwrapping, mostly for you Mom!
Jake did something super unexpected....he took my old highschool/college black and white artwork out of the basement bedroom closet and framed them! He wrapped them all individually, and I'd seen the big stack and wondered what the heck would be all identical, and it was an awesome surprise. We hung 5 of them on our newly finished basement living room wall, which I'll be posting soon!
I got these wooden animal stacking blocks from a website for only 3 bucks! I love how it's taller than she is.
Ahhh my fought-for Black Friday find: the Lego Duplos. I'm glad she likes them!
My brother Nathan and sister-in-law Allison made adorable sock puppets for every member of both of their families! Allison made them all by hand, with much love and care, and included little trinkets to personalize each one. I love that Jake's has U of U, basketballs and dollar signs....mine has a sheep, makeup and a coupon, and Cami's is all princess. :)
I thought she'd have fun romping in the wrapping paper. She didn't.
Grandma and Grandpa Yospe came over for a visit that morning and brought Cami some fun things. She loves the Mr. Potato Head family! It's fun to watch her play with it now, and to see the funny faces she comes up with, and arms sticking out of the tops of their heads. :) She loves to have me help her, and brings one item at a time and then says "More, more!" as we build the cute little head.


















































And I somehow didn't get a picture of Grandma and Grandpa Toone's big gift, (I will get one of her playing with it) but it was the Fisher Price "My First Dollhouse" ,and Cami was so excited! Thank you guys!! She loves the little toilet and making the baby sit on it, and likes to slide the people down the roof and say weee! I think as she gets older, her little imagination will grow and grow and it'll be fun to watch her play.

Our morning was complete with my favorite breakfast of the year: breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls! Merrrryyyy Christmas!

4 comments:

Linda said...

We sure missed you with us for Christmas, but I love that you're carrying on so many of our traditions. Hope we can be together here or there next year! =)

Ashley said...

I love Cami's pjs. She looks so cute! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. I was wondering if you would be in PA or not. I think it is so cute what Jake did for you. What a catch!

Brittney said...

Oh my goodness, I love the tutu! Ari's all about being fancy these days. I need to make one!

Sommer said...

I agree with Ash, her jammies are so so so cute! And your breakfast makes me hungry and what an awesome christmas presents you got!