We had a super fun sister getaway on March 20! It was high time for us to go on a roadtrip and have a sleepover and have plenty of chatting and bonding time. Oh how I love my sisters! And oh how blessed I am to have 5 other wonderful sisters besides these 2 lovelies that I grew up with. I love it.
Bree, Brittney and I met at Grandma Willes' house in Orem, and then drove through Provo Canyon on Friday night to Heber. I found this restaurant, Spin Cafe, online because it boasted of the gluten free options. It was good! I got pork lettuce wraps, Bree got cowboy quesadillas, and Britt got steak. :) Oh and the roasted asparagus appetizer was amaazing!
Good food, good company.
After dinner, we drove to Midway and arrived at The Zermatt Resort. We'd booked a room, and were excited to just chill, go swimming, watch a movie, eat snacks, play games. Bree and Britt had never stayed there before, so it was fun to show them the Austrian-esque resort. We ended up not going swimming, because it was swarming with teenagers, so we hung out in our room and Bree and I went and sat in the hot tub at like 10:45 before it closed. Britt fell asleep early. :) In the morning, I ate my leftover pork lettuce wraps (yum!) and some instant oatmeal. The girls got some goodies at the bakery.
We walked around the grounds, then checked out and drove across the street to The Homestead Resort to visit the Crater. The weather was gorgeous! Little did I know that it would be like 70 degrees. I packed clothes for winter...expecting it to be cold up there. :) Oopsie. Bree wanted us all to pose differently with the beautiful scenery.
Haha cute Britt
Love my Schmee
Beautiful view of The ZermattWe walked back down from the top of the crater, and went inside. This was my first time actually walking right up to the water, and looking down into it. Dark and clausterphobic! People were swimming and diving in the deep dark hot water. I was ok just peeking in for a second and then calling it a day.
We then decided to drive into Park City and walk down Main Street. I pointed out the Shoe Tree to them...they didn't know it existed! People have thrown shoes on this tree for years. Not sure why. In PA we have a shoe house, and in UT we have a shoe tree. :)
It's just a fun feel to walk through Park City.
See Mom, we stopped at the LDS Church Family History Center like you wanted us to! This is a cool "ancestor" tree in the entryway.
We hopped on the computer with the help of a sister missionary, and looked at our lineage from like 10 generations back. Lots of action in the UK for the Toones!
This one's for you, Mama! Love you!
Oh just a moose.
We then drove to the Tanger Outlets, and proceeded to spend about 4 hours there shopping. I don't even remember if I bought anything! Oh yes, just a few clothing items. Britt's the mega shopper...so we went along for the ride. :) It was fun though. By the end, we were huuungry! It was late lunch/dinner time, so we found a good gluten free chinese place right across from the outlets. And guess what it was called??
How could we NOT eat there? It was delicious. I got moo goo gai pan with chicken. It was so nice to have yummy food to eat during this whole trip. And the best part, of course, was getting to chat and discuss life with my sisters who I love and trust and care for so much.
We didn't want our getaway to be over yet, and luckily Jake and David were being good dads and takin care of the kiddos, so we decided to do one last thing. We drove back through Provo Canyon and went to the new Vineyard Megaplex Theater to see the new Cinderella!
Britt had just seen it the day before with her kids, but didn't mind going again. It was SUCH a cute, well done, magical movie. A perfect ending to a perfect trip. I already want to plan another one. And it would be so fun for Mom to join in next time! Although with Brittney moving in T-minus 2 months, we'd better plan something fast! ;)

2 comments:
Great job remembering all the details! Even all the food we ate-- you have a special memory bank for that. :) thanks for documenting our fun adventure! Love you.
Yes, take me with you! Looks like you had a great time! Love your cute poses, and Bree's crater pic made me laugh. So glad you were able to spend sue sister time together! Love you all!
Post a Comment