Thursday, September 10, 2015

Big Springs and Toone Dairy Farm

 What's a trip to Island Park without the beautiful Big Springs?
 As usual, we went to church at 9 am (they only do sacrament meeting) and then headed to Big Springs from there. It was a gorgeous day, and we tried to get a decent family picture. The girls weren't really feelin it!

 They were anxious to walk and explore!
 Love my Lexi Lou's little blonde curls.
 And this is a model shot of Cami! I can't believe she's 6 and already looking like a teen sometimes! Also, she looks almost exactly like I did when I was this age!
 Love her long flowing locks. I live vicariously through her hair. :)
 At the cabin, Cam got all the reading she could squeeze in.
And we decided to have another campfire after dinner. Who doesn't love s'more smores?
 The men worked hard to get a good fire going! Dad is quite the expert at fanning the flames, even with his hat!

 Yum!
 This was my gluten free dairy free chocolate smore. Delicious!
 The gang
 Cami looks in a daze, but I just liked this picture with the little cabin behind her.
 Full moon!
 And Lexi didn't stop at one smore. Oh no...she decided to make another one, double decker style. I love her little mischievous grin in this one.

 And THIS, my friends, is almost toasted marshmallow perfection. It's a little dark and blistered, but oh so beautiful.


 And on our last day at the cabin, the men worked on changing the oil in the 4 wheelers and bonding over manly work.
 We left Tuesday afternoon, and headed down south to the Toone Dairy Farm on our way home! Awww who doesn't love being greeted by adorable little calves.
 Here's my little calf.
 Look how high those hay bales are stacked! Everything has gotten so much larger scale since I was a little girl.
 My cousin Steven was kind enough to give us a tour, and make up a bottle of milk for the girls to feed a lucky calf.
 Awww I love that suck and pull and froth and jerk feel of feeding the calves those bottles. Lots of fond memories on the farm.
 The girls were so excited to climb the mountain of cottonseed!


 Steven opend up some cotton seeds and let us taste the kernel inside. Pretty tasty, like a sunflower seed!
 I just remembered how I got around on the farm this whole time. I was riding a 4-wheeler! I didn't want to get my crutches all maneured up, so I rode around and caught the action. The girls quenched their thirst at the water pump.
We had a lovely dinner thanks to Aunt Peggy, played Hand & Foot with Steven that night and even Uncle Sherm joined in! It was fun to see Aunt April, other cousins, and enjoy a short visit at the farm. We slept over and then left the next morning to head home after a wonderful vacation! The cabin and the woods always do a body good. Until next summer, Island Park!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah the wonderful memories! Those model pictures of Cami are so adorable- and so you at her age! I just wish Ari could've been there to get the rocking chai picture with Cami….another year! Loved all the adventures we had together- that was an action packed week- no wonder Grandma always looked tired! =)