Cami's cute little profile...taking in the fun.
Oh hello.
Ok go play!
One of those roller slides...it was a hit!
Lexi Lou enjoyed these super long wavey slides.
From there, we drove to Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf. This cactus in a random cactus garden looked like it was doing the peace sign.They enjoyed trying clam chowder samples all along the wharf, and then buying some in a breadbowl for lunch.
I told the girls to pose with this sailor man. I'm not sure what's going on with Lexi here. She just wanted to hug his leg. Look away.
I really wanted to check out Point Lobos, since I knew Brittney's family had a great time here. It was a really cool nature reserve, complete with wading in the water and hiking over rocks and seeing seals and sea otters bobbing in the kelpy water.
This was the point in time when Lexi announced that she had pee'd her pants, so we told her to just go all the way into the water and wash off. :) Salt water cleans anything, right?
I tried my hand at a panoramic. Kinda nailed it.
At a different lookout point, we hiked a little to get there. Lexi wore her swim suit over her swimsuit.
Beautiful!
Seals basking in the sun.
I loved loved this view. So beautiful with all the blue and breaking water on the rocks.
Looking south down the coast. Oh California, you are beautiful indeed.
The place I was most excited to see was Carmel, my long-time childhood favorite family spot. Our family would drive down there and walk all around the beautiful, ritzy, quaint town and visit the art galleries and rock shops, and enjoy dinner somewhere. Even the houses are worth driving around to see.
The Carmel Mission. I love missions! I used to learn all about them in elementary school, do projects, make models, take field trips to different missions. I remember Santa Barbara and San Luis Obisbo the best.
How cool is this wall.One of the shops in town. I mean come on.
And finally, the Beach! The light sand, clean and beautiful beach!
There's Pebble Beach, just over yonder. The guys should have gone golfing! ;)
I just sat at the top of the beach hill on the sand, breathing it all in. So many good memories here. We ended our day and headed back to the beach house, only to encounter tons of traffic on the one lane road! So it took us a couple hours, which was a bummer, but this was a cool sight to see. A whole flock of seagulls to entertain us.
1 comment:
Oooh, memories, memories! I'd forgotten all about the Charlie Brown Park- loved that one! Monterey and Carmel are always beautiful, and I remember so fondly all our Art walks in Carmel. So fun that that's what Nathan chose to do for his 8th birthday. =) This is a beautiful country we live in- beauty of all kinds all around!
Post a Comment