How fun would it be to live in one of these colorful houses?
First stop: The Golden Gate Bridge! We drove across it to the other side to take pictures at the lookout point. "Every where you look, every where, it's a heart, it's a heart...a hand to hold onto."
Cute Clara
Us looking squinty eyed and posing with the statue of some dude.
I love this cousin picture! So cute and colorful.
Sisters in twin jackets and scrunchy faces.
Our family in the windy, foggy bay. It brought back fond memories of sailing under the bridge on my dad friend Wendall's houseboat. Dad would have us swallow HUGE ginger pills, we'd put on the big bright orange lifejackets, and set sail! When the mast and sail had to change sides, we'd hurry and duck down and lay flat to keep from getting knocked into the ocean. I always feared sharks below us. It was good times, though.Look at this cute family! Ike, Jana and their kiddos.
Clark and Emma, my wonderful in-laws who made this whole trip happen!
One more family pic.
Windblown Cami
"Everywhere you look.....when you're lost out there, and you're all alone, a light is waitin to carry you home!"
We wanted to drive down Lombard Street, the crookedest street in the world (I don't know if that's an an accurate statement, but it seems right). We could see Coit Tower off in the distance, which always reminds me of the Full House episode where Comet the dog runs away, chasing a giant hot dog truck. He finds a pretty girl dog and goes on all kinds of adventures around San Fransisco, including the top of Coit Tower. :) Oh don't worry, pretty much every moment in life reminds me of Full House.
Beautiful view!
I like this one with the policeman. It looks European and artsy.
Speaking of Full House....The Painted Ladies!That afternoon, Cami and I went with Kate and Jordan's family to the musical while Jake took Lexi to Fisherman's Wharf with the rest of the fam. We went to Odyssey Theater, and walked in among fancy dressed up people...well, I wheeled in and took my spot in the wheelchair section up front. Score! Cami ended up coming down and sitting with me, which made it so much more fun and special. We read the book together just that month, along with Lex, but Lexi was too young for a ticket. So we paid some good money to see this professional musical, and we absolutely loved it!
Fancy
Matilda was a cute little talented Polynesian girl, and the hilarious, nasty Miss Trunchbull was played by a man! There were little kids and big kids who filled the stage and swung on swings hanging from the raftors. Confetti shot out into the audience, magic happened, Miss Honey was a dear, the music was fun and lively, and we went away so pleased. I love being able to have these culturally rich experiences with my little reading buddy.
After the musical, we met up with everyone else at Fisherman's Wharf. They were all ready to go home after a long day, but Jake wheeled me down the wharf so that I could experience it and because he's a nice husband.
My favorite part- the stinky, noisy, lazy sea lions!
There's Alcatraz off in the distance.
Cold, windblown and tired.Going up the piano stairs
We had plans of finding some yummy seafood to eat for dinner, but all the restaurants were either overpriced, had too long of waits, or didn't have food I could eat. Sooo we finally left and headed home, and they ended up getting some fast food and I got some food at an awesome Pho/Asian shack near Aptos. Mmm looking at this picture, I'm craving it again! Hot yummy soup to end a cold, long, but enjoyable day. Bon appetite.
1 comment:
Yay for San Francisco! Looks chilly and windy- typical! But fun! And Lombard St. was beautiful!
Post a Comment