Monday, March 7, 2016

Christmas Day!

 Merrrryyy Christmas! The girls were SO excited to wake up and see what Santa brought, that they had some trouble being patient for us to be ready. I put chairs in the hallway to keep them from peeking in the living room (which reminded me of the time my parents did that, and Bree and I thought it was also necessary to hold Nathan's arms back. Then when they took the chairs away and said GO, we let go, and Nathan smacked chest down on the tile floor and got the wind knocked out of him. Haha so sad!) Anywho, they scampered into the living room, finally, and their sparkling eyes beheld what Santa had brought them. A big orange sled and a purple saucer to play with in the snow, along with a big wheel bike for Lexi, and a train set for Cami. There was also a little brown Beanie Boo dog, which Cami quickly claimed, and tried to hide her disappointment that it wasn't a REAL dog.
 Stocking time!
 Lex got an art set, because she is very crafty and loves to draw and color.
 Both girls got Cabbage Patch Kid Dolls! I found them at Costco last year, and saved them till now. I was probably more excited than them! They're just so cute and they smell SO good.
 Lexi's has blonde hair, blue eyes, and is named Lexi! :)

 Mom and Dad had stayed at our house that night, so they got to be there in the morning to open presents with us. Later that morning, Bree and Grandma came over to enjoy breakfast casserole, pumpkin bread, sauteed cinnamon apples, and pineapple. It was yummy! (Mom made her casserole, and I made my gluten free dairy free version of it, which turned out delicious if I do say so myself!)
 The present opening began after breakfast, and it was so fun spending time together.
 Dad got a hat and a new BYU shirt from Jake...true love!
 Bree and Lex look like twins!
 A little later, Brittney and David and their kiddos came, after spending the night at Javi's house. It was really fun having all the cousins there to enjoy the day with! Britt opened a book from Bree about the nativity, and read it to everyone.
 Mom will love this picture. :) I just love the chaos and fun festive feeling of it. Look at Owen in his knight costume.
 And theeeennnn Grandma Toone brought out a box filled with presents for each of the kids to open all at once. Little did we know that that would be the best moment of Christmas! They all unveiled Beanie Boo's and screamed and hugged and jumped for joy for about 3 minutes. It was awesome.
 We left that afternoon to head to the Yospes for our next Christmas celebration. Emma always does a wonderful Christmas dinner with sparkling cider, and it's so fun being all together.
 Grandma and Grandpa Yospe had asked everyone to come prepared with a talent or something to share. I was supposed to learn to play some Christmas carols on the piano, which I didn't really achieve...oops. Jake played taps on his trumpet. I sang Snowflakes Falling while everyone sang Jingle Bells. Mae played Let It Go, I believe, which was super cute. Lincoln played saxophone, Jordan played trombone, Ike played the clarinet....lots of fun talents!
 Cute Cam. She played Jingle Bells on the piano, so at least she did her part!
 Cami took her two new Beanie Boo's to show off. She sure does love those things.
 Grandpa Yospe always reads "The Littlest Angel", in keeping with tradition of his father. I love the grandkids and the leg lamp all gathered near. :)
 We exchanged kid cousin gifts, opened gifts from Clark and Emma, and to finish off the night, we put on the annual nativity play with all the grandkids. Lexi got to play Mary this year, which made her so happy!
 Luke was Joseph, and Jesus was played by a Cabbage Patch girl with tons of hair. It was awesome.
 Cami played an angel with Mae and Emmy. It was chaos but it was beautiful chaos.
Our hearts were full by the end of the night, after spending time with both of our families and enjoying the Christmas spirit. We truly felt the love of our Savior and gratitude for His birth on this wonderful day. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That really was a blessing to be able to spend Christmas day with both your families! You guys are pretty lucky! We loved being with you Christmas Eve and morning, and you're right- don't like that scary picture of me. But I did love all the Beanie Boo excitement that morning! And I love the cute picture of Lexi with her Lexi doll, and also as beautiful Mary! A lovely day all around!