Jake and I bought a house!!! Do you like it??? Ummm if we were looking for a house in..ohhh....Kentucky, we may be able to find one like this in our price range. But here in UT the pickins are a little different! But hey, there's still some good stuff out there, and we're lookin to find one that's right for us. Jake and I went house hunting for the first time with a realtor tonight, and took a good look at about 6 houses, ranging from nasty old ugly to a steal of a deal! (or so it seems to us). It's such a little adventure, though, trying to figure out what area to live in, first of all, and how far is too far to drive, and what kind of neighborhood, etc. I mean, does it matter if all the neighbor houses are cut in half so that we called them anorexic midget houses? That was the case in one neighborhood. Another was in a super new nice subdivision, but they were pretty much townhouses and out in the other world of 6000 West against the OTHER mountains. Weeeird.
We've been looking at houses on the market for a while now, though, so we're not jumping in completely blind. Now we're just contemplating...do we make an offer on the impressive one that's only been on the market for a few days, or do we wait and look at more and get a better/more realistic/level-headed perspective and risk losing that house?? Or what's the harm in putting in a low offer, just to test the water? If we get it, wahooo we got a great deal! If not, there's always more people not making house payments and being evicted, right? Ohhh the housing market. Crazy deal.
3 comments:
I think you should definitly make an offer, especially because you have been doing your research and you know it is a steal of a deal. Ben and I found a house we really liked and waited a day to make an offer and were to late. I think you should make an offer. Good luck!
I'm excited for you guys! Hopefully next year we'll move back to town. But now we're getting the floors done I like our house again.
Hmm, welcome to the real estate game. Here is ABSOLUTE rule #1 and rule #1 A...NEVER allow yourself to get your heart broken if you lose out on a house. If you don't get it, it was not meant to be. Don't become too emotionally invested in a house. It will cloud your vision, your finances and eventually may cause you heartache. There is always another house. That is my advice.
Post a Comment