
I had to convince Jake that this picture is naturesque...heck, it's in the woods, and I'm sitting on a dinosaur (which clearly wouldn't reside anywhere but the great outdoors). This is actually at the Dinosaur Park up in Ogden, where we went with Jake's parents and Ike and Jana's fam. I'd been there before, but it was still fun to see how lil' Luke reacted (with fear mostly) and it was a lovely outing for Memorial Day weekend.


Jake and Luke on a giant turtle from prehistoric times...actually preserved in the sandbox.

And then last weekend we decided to put our new fun camping gear to use! We excitedly packed up our hot dog roasters and deluxe camping chairs, and headed up Millcreek canyon to one of our favorite spots to have a campfire. (This canyon is also where Jake so romantically and sneakily proposed to me) It was a perfect campfire night last Friday, and we had just enough time for hotdogs and smores before getting dark and chilly. Even though it took forever to start our fire with the cheap discounted Walmart wood, Jake succeeded in eating a few hotdogs and smores after he accidentally dropped a hotdog and marshmallow in the fire...still learnin how to use those new roasters. :) I'm so excited to go camping sometime soon! If anyone wants to pack up your gear and find a good spot to camp with us this summer, let me know!
4 comments:
We would love to give camping with you another shot. Now, thanks to Mom we have a camping stove and a lantern. We also have 2 sleeping bags. But we don't have a tent. We do have a tarp, which I learned how to use to keep you dry when you sleep when I was a Ma on Trek. When do you want to go?
I hate camping.
hurray! I love how you and Jake do such fun things together, that is so good!
Looks like those camping chairs are working out great. I hope we can go w/ you guys sometime this summer!
Post a Comment