Well, Jana tagged me a little while ago and I didn't want to let her down! So here is my list of "eights"...hope you enjoy and you'll probably find most of it entirely useless. :)
8 Things I'm passionate about:
1. My hubbie, Jake
2. My mom, dad, Brittney, Bree and Nathan (my amazing loving famdamily) along with my new Yospe fam clan! Family is the best, and I can't wait to start our very own!
3. My job working with the old folks...I sure do love them. It makes every day on the job rewarding, just hearing their appreciation at the little acts of service you do for them.
4. The Gospel and the church
5. Singing and music in general
6. The country/farms/the outdoors/animals
7. Dogs...I sure do love them! I miss my Phoebe's back in PA, and look forward to the day when Jakey will let us get our very own little pup.
8. Going out and DOING stuff, especially with Jake. We do have a lot of fun times!
8 Books I have read and Enjoyed!
1. Tuesdays with Morrie (in a geriatrics class at BYU)
2. The Children of the Promise series- very good LDS books which taught me a lot about WWII and what it would have been like for the soldiers/prisoners/families back home. Read them!
3. Twilight...ok so I'm not quite done with the first one, but I know I'm going to love the whole series. I started it on Saturday and have read 400 pages, all the while trying not to neglect my sweet husband. :)
4. Kate's Turn (LDS series by Cheri Crane) -this one is way good about a girl who's super rebellious and gets in an accident, goes into a coma, and dreams that she's back in pioneer days with her great grandma on the plains, which turns her heart around when she wakes up. :) I did an oral report on this book in 6th grade in California and dressed as a pioneer. HAHA
5. Enchantress of Crumbledown
6. The Act of Marriage. Hey, how else were we going to learn??
7. The Book of Mormon, of COURSE
8. All the Jack Weyland books that every LDS teen girl yearns to read and gets emotionally attached to. Tearjerkers, I tell ya.
8 Things or words I say often
1. Scuse me please (with a lisp on the S's...for some reason. only to jake though)
2. We're playing balloon volleyball, come and play with us in the Activity Room!
3. Ummm...I bought something today.
4. I woke up with heartburn again. (when Jake asks me how I slept)
5. You tooted, roll down your window!
6. I love you.
7. I'm hungry.
8. We'll be just fine; everything will work out.
8 Things I want to do before I die (not in any order)
1. Name our first daughter Cambria (that was my name when I was born for about a month)
2. Go back to Germany and Austria to visit, and travel around the rest of Europe.
3. Sing the National Anthem again in a large arena- The University of Utah basketball game was so fun, I want to do it again! Thanks Jakey! :)
4. Have at least 4 kids...we'd better get crackin soon, huh??
5. Tell all my loved ones that I love them and how much they mean to me.
6. Learn to play the piano!!! It's ridiculous that I quit when I was just a wee lass, I kick myself!
7. Make another CD with my sister, Bree. I love singing with her and Riley! (her guitar)
8. Be a wonderful wife and mother, and be able to feel like I made a difference in people's lives.
8 Things I have Learned (or remembered, again) this past year
1. How much fun it is to be married!
2. How much work it is to be married, and how much you learn and grow (hopefully)
3. All the fun things there are to do in UT! Dating never had been so much fun before Jake came!
4. I need to be a better missionary to those around me.
5. I'm grateful for friendships and even more so for my family, spread all over the country.
6. It sucks to get married without one of your sisters there, but it helps to have their approval and blessing even after never meeting him!
7. I have a lot to learn as a professional in healthcare- activities or not. It's hard to be up against people who have been around for 30 years and pretend to know what I'm doing after 1!
8. How much I love kids and am so excited to hopefully raise our own in years to come.
8 People I want to Tag....If I don't list you- it doesn't mean I don't want to hear more about you- so do the tag anyway :)
1. Brittney
2. Sommer
3. Kate & Jordan
4. Esther
5. Diane
6. Allison
7. Brandi
8. Melanie
3 comments:
That's nice that you say "I love you" right after "you tooted, roll down your window".
Oh, and you also take after Jake when it comes to talking like an old person..."tooted"??
I totally laughed at the things you say. =) Yep, those all sound about right. So you tagged me, huh? If I didn't do a tag not too long ago I'd do it right away. We'll see... Love ya!
I liked reading your tag Heather. I didn't know you like to sing. Singing is something I have always wished I could do well...but unfortunately, I am a TERRIBLE singer:)
Also, I think it is so great what you do for your job. It sounds like it is a job that takes a special person to do, and I bet you do great at it. I bet the elderly people you work with just LOVE you!
Post a Comment