Monday, December 6, 2010

Trip to Pennsylvania- Part 2 with Amish Country!

Cami got to play the piano and organ to her heart's content while at Grandma and Grandpa's. She'd walk into the music room, which now holds a piano, organ, and a lovely white grand piano, and say "Deenano!" She loved the organ, even though it's really old and barely works. :) And Mom played lots of fun songs for her, and I tried to teach her how to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb". I reeeeally want Cami to play the piano when she's older!
On Monday, Cami and I made a special visit to Mom's pre-K class in downtown York. The kids were so cute- they swarmed Cami and started showing her everything and handing her things to play with.
And she loved these giant books in the classroom. It's an adorable room and Mom is such a good teacher to those kiddos! It was fun to see her in action. P.S. Don't you love Cam's hat?
On Tuesday, my dear old friend Sommer came over to the house for a visit. She brought her 3 cute boys, and Cami was so pleased to have kids to play with. She actually chased the boys around, and while they were running from her, she was just laughing. This is a cute pic of she and Brandon...I love that he gave her a hug.
Awww the two nerds reunited. We spent a summer playing Mario Brothers (and beating it, thank you), met in 8th grade choir, doubled to our senior prom, and got excited over lots of little highschool crushes.
Cami and Grandpa bonded at night when he'd get home from work. She loved fishing in his shirt pockets for pens and treasure. She liked wearing his hats, too!
On Wednesday, we took a trip to my favorite place- Kitchen Kettle in Intercourse, PA. There's just something about Amish Country that is so homey and inviting, and it never gets old for me. We went with my friend, Kelli, and her cute 1 year old Kylee. At Kitchen Kettle, there's a cute little petting zoo and playground.

This llama made me laugh. When Jake and I were dating, I took him to this place and we laughed over the same ugly buck toothed llama. (no offense, little guy)



Yay for the jam shop! Oh man, best place ever. There are jams, salsas, and sauces all over the store to try with oyster crackers and chips. My faves? The chunky salsa, damson plum jam, and peanut butter fluff spread.
Bonding time with Grandma....reading endless books in the family room. This book was Cami's favorite- Time For Bed...little mouse little mouse.
She loved this little baby doll that my Mom had laying around. I'm trying to find her a good little plastic doll for Christmas!
We went to Isaac's sandwich shop to visit Brooke, and I got some free birthday chocolate peanut butter pie! It was so good. And it was fun to visit and to see her whole family at their house the night before. Love those Shoemakers!
We went to Hershey on Friday to attend one more wedding reception! Holy weddings. It was fun though, and great to see Adrianne and the Roldan family. We actually went to the Hershey outlets earlier that afternoon and did some shopping, and I got a call from Alberto, the brother of the bride. He asked if I could sing a song for the wedding ceremony, because the singer had just backed out. I said suurrrre! But had no idea what I was gonna sing. The other singer had planned "You Raise Me Up", so I just decided to go with that one. But I had no music, there was no piano, and I had never really sung the song. Fabulous! We got to the venue, my dad had brought the sheet music from home, and the DJ had the song on CD. Too bad I didn't get to run through it though, because once I started singing, it turned out the sheet music didn't have the 2nd verse but the CD did, so I looked stupid for a couple minutes. :) AND it was super high, so it was just embarassing. But hey, I gave it my best shot, and people still gave compliments, so it wasn't complete disaster. Dad performed the ceremony, there was a very yummy dinner, and lots of dancing. Cam was once again glued to the dance floor! This is a cute one with Grandpa.
Woo hoo! Check out those moves! I've gotta remember that one.
Here's some of our short time at Chocolate World earlier that day. We seriously ran from the car to the ride, and back to the car in order to get to the wedding in time. Glad we didn't miss out on my other favorite place, though!

Cami liked the singing cows and the fun music!
Here's Cami on the deck before we left...notice how the leaves have changed a lot more since when we first got there! Love the fall weather. Dad was nice enough to take Cami over to the neighbor's house to jump on the trampoline, which was our old trampoline that my parents gave them. Cami saw them jumping and really wanted to go, and started crying when we went inside, but Grandpa's a total softie and would do anything for the grandkids. :)
And here they are on our last morning in PA. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for such a fun visit! I love this picture, and we love you guys!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

I love those pics with Grandpa. He is a softie around the grandkids, that's for sure. :)

Linda said...

Ah, just seeing those teensy little Cami arms in the first picture made me smile. And I love the one of her playing the piano with me! The only ones I had on my camera were scary pictures of me in my pajamas. I like the way her hand's on mine. I'd love to teach her piano! Wish we lived closer!! Loved your visit....let's do it again soon! =)

Sommer said...

Wow what a lot of weddings. Who knew it was such a popular time to get married. Thanks for letting me come see you, it was so fun but way too short.... and no thank you for putting such an unflattering picture up of me;)

Adam and Jessica said...

Such fun pictures! Your parents are too cute and have not really changed over the years. Looks like a fun trip with your great family!