Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Grandma's Christmas Cookie Party

Here she is, cute little Grandma Willes.

Yay, my favorite party of the year came around again! My Grandma Willes's grandchildren cookie decorating party. She's been doing it for about 14 years, with whoever was living in the area at the time. I started going in 2001 when I went to BYU, and I think I've only missed one year when I was on my mission. Grandma's got it down pat...she bakes dozens of large sugar cookie boys, girls, and trees....rounds up tons of candies and sprinkles, my aunt makes several colors of frosting, Grandma supplies Santa hats for everyone, orders Little Caesar's pizzas for lunch, and we all go to town on the cookies and she takes a picture of everyone with their finished masterpieces. She even has a scrapbook of all the previous year's parties so we can laugh at what nerds we were 10 years ago. :)

This was Cami's 2nd party, and she was a huge fan of the readily accessible candies and chocolates in the kitchen.
Her head didn't fit the teensy baby Santa hat that she wore last year, but she looked pretty dang cute in a big one!
Here's the scrapbook, making David and Brittney chuckle. There's even past boyfriends in there that got invited to the parties. hehe
Jake made a good Santa, even though he didn't mean to be. Cami and my cousin Shea picked a cozy spot to sit.
Me, Cassity, Bryan and Bree with some of our finished cookies. Some people eat theirs when they get home, some just leave them out to display for awhile and then lovingly discard them. I'm not one to eat my cookies, cuz they always get stale and the abundance of sugar and frosting make me sick. But aren't they cute??
Ari and Cam with Auntie Bree, aka Justin Bieber.
This is the classic Christmas tablecloth that we decorate on every year. There's Nathan and Allison, sporting their hats and having a fun time. She's due in 2 months- yay!
It's always fun to come up with the dress design for the girl cookies. I always end up doing a dorky dress with an apron. Jake had cute cookies too, but we forgot to capture them in a photo. He actually decorated his man and then dropped him face down on the kitchen floor. hahaa. So he picked him up, wiped him off, and started over again. Purple sweater and all. Good times.
This picture of Bryan made me laugh. It was right after he took his Santa hat off. He's my cute little 6 year old nephew who I used to nanny for when he was in diapers! *sigh* Where does time go.
And one last picture to make you smile.
Silly Bree. Thanks for the fun Christmas party, Grandma! I didn't get a picture of Grandma OR all my aunts, uncles and cousins who were there. But it was about 25 people! I hope there will be many more years of cookie decorating.

2 comments:

Anna said...

What a fun tradition! And all the cookies look so cute and yummy :)

Linda said...

Looks like everyone had a good time! Maybe if you go see Grandma this week you could take a picture of her holding some of her truffles or something and add it to your post. She sure loves those parties!