Monday, December 20, 2010

Thanksgiving at Britt's

Better late than never, right? We had a lovely Thanksgiving at my sister's house with her family, with her brother-in-laws and our Grandma Willes. Annaliese did a faaabulous job decorating the table to look super fancy. I wish I had that interior decorating skill!

We weren't even sure if we would be able to go to Thanksgiving dinner, because Cami got sick the day before with a "stomach bug". I was hoping it was just a one time thing on Wed. morning, but then she got sick again Wed. night, and was all fussy and had no appetite on Thursday morning. I told Britt they might have to count us out, but we waited until afternoon to make the call. The thought of staying home and eating soup on Thanksgiving was sad. Luckily, Cami perked up enough and Britt said she wanted us there despite a sick Cami, so we went ahead and drove down to Springville. *ahh*. Made it. I took green bean casserole (my favorite dish of Thanksgiving every year) and hot cheesey spinach and artichoke dip. Here's Cami getting ready for the meal, with her little flushed cheeks.
The meal was AWEsome....one of the best Thanksgiving meals I've had! Brittney made a deeelicious juicy turkey, mashed potatoes, Grandma brought Lion House rolls, pie filling/fruit jello, and 3 pies, Annaliese made super sweet candied yams and homemade stuffing, Brittney said my green bean casserole was the best she'd eaten (thank you veerrrry much!). I couldn't finish everything on my plate, as usual, but it was sooo good. Here we are after dinner, winding down and waiting for the food to settle. :)

Niiiiice. Jake ate a lot.
Grandma Willes looked so nice that day. And her homemade lemon meringue pie was delicious. She also brought strawberry rhubarb and pumpkin.
Check out this pumpkin cheesecake, ordered special from Olive Garden! Thanks to Annaliese, Javi's new bride. It was incredible.
Surprisingly, only the girls partook in dessert! And Jake. The Spanish boys aren't really into pie, which baffles my mind! Cute little Ari had a good time.
Cami? Not as much. :p But we're glad she was a trooper and didn't get anyone else sick!

Thanks Britt, for inviting us and for your lovely hosting. Maybe one of these years I'll make a turkey, but probably not. :)

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm so glad you guys joined us! It made for a fun day.

Linda said...

I thought I commented on this, but it's not here! I felt sorry for Cami....but it looks like it was a great day. Fun pictures of Grandma!