Oooooover the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go! Here we are, Cami and I, on November 3 on our way to PA. I average one trip a year to go home to my parent's house, and it's so good every time! I LOVE being picked up at the airport by my cute smiling mom, pulling up to our beautiful eastern house with the candles on in the windows, and walking in to the familiar smell and memories of growing up. Mom makes the house especially clean and beautiful when anyone comes to visit, and keeps the pantry and fridge stocked with favorite goodies. I always have to take a walk through the house when I get there, to see what has changed and what is still the same. Jake hasn't been there in almost 2 years, so maybe we'll take a trip out there for Christmas next year, or maybe a summer road trip!The plane ride with Cam was good- I survived! Luckily on both nonstop flights there and back, the planes had about 30 empty seats so they let me take her big ol car seat on. I just had to lug it through the airport, along with purse, diaper bag, and trying to hold on to Cami's hand. That was a joy. But she slept about an hour on the plane, and we colored, ate lots of snacks, and read books. I even made it without dramamine- my first time in years!
Haha I like her surprised face in this one. She had just woken up and was enjoying one of the Southwest snacks. I love that they let you pick out like 5 snacks now- score!
4 hours later, we were on the ground on Baltimore, saying hi to this smiling face. Cam was delighted to see Grandma Toone again after 3 months of being apart. Mom blew bubbles with her gum and made Cami laugh.
As soon as we got home, we said hi to Grandpa who had just gotten home from Bishop duties, and then Cam started exploring all the toys they had set out. She loved this cute little bike and rode it all around the kitchen.
We got there on Wednesday night, and on Thursday Cam and I just relaxed at home while Mom and Dad worked. It was SO fun to lounge and watch cable and play all the Wii Fit I wanted! (I got my fill of Cake Boss, America's Top Model, and HGTV). AND I broke a bunch of my Mom's top scores on Wii Fit Plus so that she has a challenge now. She's really good at those games!On Friday, Mom, Dad, Cam and I set off on an adventure to Virginia! It just so happened that there were 2 of my friend's wedding receptions that weekend in Virginia, so it was a great coincidence and opportunity to get down to the DC area. We went to my first BYU roommate, Liese's (Pippi is what I call her) reception on Friday night. It was so fun to see her again and her family, and I'm SO happy that she found someone perfect for her to settle down with!
Eating their cupcakes. :)
Mom and Dad did the dancing thing where they keep the couples out who have been together the longest- they lasted quite a while!
And Cam had the time of her life, out on the dance floor. I tell ya, we're gonna have to sign her up for dance classes when she's 3, cuz she LOVES to dance. Even if all she does is twirl around, she loves the music and was perfectly content out there on the dance floor with strangers.
Oh and I joined in for a little bit too. :) Trying to show her other ways to dance! Now she knows how to bounce her knees, but still favors twirling.
After good food and fun, we stayed in a Hampton Inn that night. Cami slept in a pack n play and finally fell asleep after crying for awhile because she could see all of us in the beds right next to her and wanted to get out. It was a fun overnighter though, and they had a yummy breakfast bar! You know I'm all about the food.
Eating their cupcakes. :)
Mom and Dad did the dancing thing where they keep the couples out who have been together the longest- they lasted quite a while!
And Cam had the time of her life, out on the dance floor. I tell ya, we're gonna have to sign her up for dance classes when she's 3, cuz she LOVES to dance. Even if all she does is twirl around, she loves the music and was perfectly content out there on the dance floor with strangers.
Oh and I joined in for a little bit too. :) Trying to show her other ways to dance! Now she knows how to bounce her knees, but still favors twirling.
After good food and fun, we stayed in a Hampton Inn that night. Cami slept in a pack n play and finally fell asleep after crying for awhile because she could see all of us in the beds right next to her and wanted to get out. It was a fun overnighter though, and they had a yummy breakfast bar! You know I'm all about the food.That day, we hit up the Potomac Mills Outlets right there near Woodbridge, VA, and Cami rode on this little carousel in the mall.
Then we drove up to D.C. and hit up the White House and Smithsonians! Woohoo. Mom and I jumped out of the car near the White House, while Dad drove around with a sleeping Cami in the back. It was fun to walk and stand at the fence- I'd never done that before. There was this little squirrel on the grounds, and I swear he's like secret security, cuz he was in the exact same spot when we left, too.
It was sunny, cold, and there were lots of people there visiting.
Dad didn't care about missing the house, anyways, since he's not a huge Obama fan. :) I was glad we got to see it though.
This was a random building and statue right next to the White House. Reminds me of Europe.
We walked along the mall and saw the Monument, looking oh so cool.


And went into the Museum of Natural History- my favorite Smithsonian. Gotta love the giant elephant when you walk in the door!
HAHA this little deer makes me laugh. Little cinnamon stick legs.

This picture is kinda freaky, with the big bear looming over Cami like it's gonna attack!
This was a random display in the ocean section, of coral made entirely of crocheted yarn! Super vibrant and pretty!

Here's the Hope diamond, which is the largest in the world? I think. If you've never gone, it's fun to see...it's in a revolving glass case that everyone crowds around to take a picture of.
There's Daddio! In front of the Capitol Building.
That night, after changing into party clothes again, we went to our friend AnnMarie's reception close by in VA. She was Bree's best friend while Bree lived out there, and was like another daughter to my parents. She's a sweetheart and I'm glad she found a good one too!
Gorgeous wedding dress.
Cute little Cami dress, as she runs for the food table. They had some awesome food. :)
And she got to take home a pretty flower.
We got home late that night, and got up early the next morning for church! Ugghhh it was like waking up at 5:00 for me. But it was worth it- I love Lewisberry Ward and seeing all the familiar faces. Cami LOVED nursery, because they had playdough to play with as soon as she walked in the door! And I enjoyed Relief Society and a nice lesson on Visiting Teaching. We got home that day and snapped some pictures on the back deck with the pretty fall leaves. They were juuust starting to change.
Then we drove up to D.C. and hit up the White House and Smithsonians! Woohoo. Mom and I jumped out of the car near the White House, while Dad drove around with a sleeping Cami in the back. It was fun to walk and stand at the fence- I'd never done that before. There was this little squirrel on the grounds, and I swear he's like secret security, cuz he was in the exact same spot when we left, too.
It was sunny, cold, and there were lots of people there visiting.
Dad didn't care about missing the house, anyways, since he's not a huge Obama fan. :) I was glad we got to see it though.
This was a random building and statue right next to the White House. Reminds me of Europe.
We walked along the mall and saw the Monument, looking oh so cool.

And went into the Museum of Natural History- my favorite Smithsonian. Gotta love the giant elephant when you walk in the door!
HAHA this little deer makes me laugh. Little cinnamon stick legs.
This picture is kinda freaky, with the big bear looming over Cami like it's gonna attack!
This was a random display in the ocean section, of coral made entirely of crocheted yarn! Super vibrant and pretty!
Here's the Hope diamond, which is the largest in the world? I think. If you've never gone, it's fun to see...it's in a revolving glass case that everyone crowds around to take a picture of.
There's Daddio! In front of the Capitol Building.
That night, after changing into party clothes again, we went to our friend AnnMarie's reception close by in VA. She was Bree's best friend while Bree lived out there, and was like another daughter to my parents. She's a sweetheart and I'm glad she found a good one too!
Gorgeous wedding dress.
Cute little Cami dress, as she runs for the food table. They had some awesome food. :)
And she got to take home a pretty flower.
We got home late that night, and got up early the next morning for church! Ugghhh it was like waking up at 5:00 for me. But it was worth it- I love Lewisberry Ward and seeing all the familiar faces. Cami LOVED nursery, because they had playdough to play with as soon as she walked in the door! And I enjoyed Relief Society and a nice lesson on Visiting Teaching. We got home that day and snapped some pictures on the back deck with the pretty fall leaves. They were juuust starting to change.This is just the first half of our trip! Stay tuned for the other half coming soon.


2 comments:
That last picture totally makes me laugh! :) Only because she's so much cuter in real life (and every other pic...).
Fun memories! The pictures of me all make me cringe! When did I get so old and scary?? But Cami doesn't seem to care, and I guess I am who I am! =) And I certainly have beautiful kids and grandkids!! Miss you!
Post a Comment