Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Farm, Church Museum, Zoo & Cousins

I just have a bunch of pictures that I haven't posted yet, of fun things we've been up to lately. Thought I'd knock em out in one post tonight after a rigorous 2 days of potty training! I'll update on that later, but for now I'll just say that it's going great, and Cam didn't have any accidents today. Wooo hoo! The same pair of panties for one whole day is a major feat for a 2 year old girl on her 2nd day! AND we had some poop action in the toilet today. I know, TMI, but important stuff. :) Anyways, it was a good day.

We went to Wheeler Farm last month, just for fun. It never gets old, and it's so close to our house, that it's a fun place to go and just walk around and see the animals. This time, Cami was much more gutsy at getting close to the goats, sheep and horses, and wanted to touch them all. No fingers were lost, and she loved feeling their fur.
This was an adorable little baby goat.
Wooly sheep, taking naps...they didn't mind Cami stroking their backs.
I love this huge, gnarly tree.
I love how she wanted to sit in front of the horses and watch them eat.
Just chillin in a new outfit on a nice spring day.
And one day after church in one of her cute dresses from Grandma. Dad was making her laugh.

I LOVE this picture. haha. This is my sweet niece, Katelyn. She's Nathan and Allison's baby girl, who is 4 months in this pic. She's such a nice big healthy baby, it's fun to hold her and kiss those big cheeks and squeeze those squishy legs. :) We babysat her one night, and Cami couldn't wait to hold her, she was so excited.
Stroking her cheek...awwww. She's going to be such a good big sister, I know it already!
I took Cam to the Church History Museum a couple weeks ago before we met Jake when he got off work downtown. It's such a nice place to go, and it's free! They have a childrens section with all kinds of fun activities and stations for kids to enjoy. This was a quilt building magnet station that wasn't really in the childrens section, but Cam loved it all the same.
The theme of the childrens section was Latin America, and comparing the culture to that of the Book of Mormon times. They had dress up clothes to dance in, and interactive videos to follow and learn the dance. haha it was fun to watch. Here's Cami checkin herself out in the mirror.
And twirling her yellow skirt around like the lady in the video!
Add a flower hat and she's set!
At another spot, they have a play kitchen where you can sit and "eat" with the missionaries. :) Cute!
And she was excited to see a real Angel Moroni up close.
And we recently bought a year pass to Hogle Zoo- yay! It gets our family and one guest in for free, and we can go as many times as we want, which will definitely come in handy this summer. Cam LOVES the zoo, and talks about it all the time, and loved going with some of our Yospe cousins the other week. Here she is with Mae and Calder in front of the elephants.
They added a new dinosaur addition to the zoo, with anamatronic dinos placed all over the park. I think it's just a fun bonus, and adds something new and different, especially since right now a whole section of the zoo is closed down for construction (polar bears, penguin attractions). Cam is too afraid to get close to this T-Rex, but Luke, Max, Mae and Calder were pretty interested in him!
Cousin love with the gorilla. I love how Max is holding Cam on his lap...he's always taking her under his 3 year old wing.
And this was another time we went with Allison and baby Katelyn.
Up close with the leopard! He kept pacing back and forth right in front of the glass...I wonder what that means?
Cam loves the gorillas, but she's afraid of them too. She has a love/fear relationship with lots of the animals, but those are the ones she talks about the most. (crocodiles, snakes, gorillas, tigers).
And she loves the playground, where she can sit on a crocodile and big tarantula, go down a snake and elephant slide, and climb in turtle shells and eggs.
We're excited for lots more fun activities this summer!

3 comments:

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

Fun! You are so good about taking lots of pictures! I hope potty training is going well!

Linda said...

So much fun!! I can't believe how long Cami's hair is! I love the Spring picture with the flower in her hair and her flowing golden curls. Cute! Looks like lots of fun places we'll have to go to again next month!

Unknown said...

Oh man. I think I laughed the most at the picture of the "play kitchen" w/ the missionaries at the table. That's hilarious! Only in Utah. :) I love all the pics, especially the ones w/ Katelyn. so precious. Can't wait for her to have her own little sister!