Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rest of Vacation: Swimming, Climbing, St. George Temple

On Saturday afternoon after the Leeds hike, we headed into town and ate lunch at the Historic Judd's Store on Main Street. It was recommended by a friend, and it has reeaaally good hot fresh breadsticks and old classic sodas and candies. We got broccoli cheese soup in breadbowls, which was yummy.
 We went across the street to the Tabernacle and looked around inside.
 I like the cool spiral staircases.
 After that, we went back to the hotel to swim, although the sun decided to go away and it turned a little breezy. But it was still fun to swim outside, and Cami loves her trusty princess floaty ring and lifejacket. Look at those cute little legs!

 Daddy putting on the trusty lifejacket.
 I laid out on the deck for awhile, hoping the sun would come back and I'd get hot enough to want the cold water. Didn't work. So I was a wimp and went in one limb at a time...it was soo cold! WHY is it, that the one weekend we have a nice outdoor pool, it's too cold to enjoy it much, but then on those hot days where you're just dying to jump into a pool, there's none around. Oh well. Cami and I tried to get warm afterwards with towels....she was shivering uncontrollably at first. haha
 The day was still young, so after we showered/took a nice warm bath, we decided to drive up to Dixie rock to climb around on the rocks above the city. It's a really cool place with an awesome view!
 This bridge was a little nervewracking, going from one cliff to the next.
 A view of the city and the temple.

 I love all the holes and crevices you can find to take pictures in!
 Cheeeese!
 And isn't this kind of a cool looking creepy face in the rocks?
 For dinner, we went back to Main Street and ate at 25 Main, also recommended. I was impressed- it was a really yummy cafe with pizza, pasta, sandwiches, soups, and specialty cupcakes. I got pasta, Jake got pizza, and Cami enjoyed this gigantic cup of chicken noodle soup!
 The food just never ends on vacation! We decided to use a Coldstone giftcard and get some ice cream for dessert, over by the outlets. This was Cami's favorite part, when we asked her about the trip later. She loved throwing pennies in this fountain.
 And of course enjoyed the ice cream. Mmmm.
While we were by the outlets, we stopped at The Children's Place cuz Jake actually wanted to go in! (Rare, I know! They were having a great sale). As we went to check out, the cashier turned around and it turned out to be my long lost friend Heidi from California, who was one of my best friends. Our families were super close, and they moved away and I haven't seen them in years. So it was a fun coincidence to see her cute face again.

On Sunday, the main thing we wanted to do was visit the temple before we headed home. Gotta love this beautiful temple!

 I always love seeing kids looking up at Jesus in temple visitors centers. Such a sweet thing. Cami said "Ouchie" when she saw his hands.

 The flowers were beautiful! I'm jealous they have roses down there already, I'm excited to see them up here!



We also stopped by the Brigham Young house and took the tour. Always a fun thing to do.
 His bedroom with his hat and cane on the bed.
 And we just couldn't leave without letting Cami splash around one more time!



All in all, it was a fabulous vacation, even if it was only 2 and a half days! It was the perfect weekend getaway, and we already can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowsers! I LOOOOVE that picture of the temple with the purply flowers in the foreground. That's so fun! I wish you had a picture of Heidi but I understand that might've been a little awkward. ANYWAY, so many fun pics of Cam and your family. I love how St. George is so small and simple but provides such fun! Love you.

Jen said...

What a fun little vacation. I want to go there!! It's been forever since I've been to St. George. Love all the pics!

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love that pic with cami and the water statue. She takes such great pictures!