Thursday, December 23, 2010

I've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray

I turned 28 on the first of December, a lovely way to start all the December festivities every year. Jake had all my presents wrapped and waiting on the table when I went downstairs. Isn't he cute. :) My big present this year was a Chi hair straightener, which I thought I wouldn't get till Christmas, but he spoiled me early! I've wanted one for years, and mine even has a shooting star/night sky design on it. :) Bet nobody else's has that!We went out to dinner at my favorite: Sampan Chinese. These 3 items are the reason for my love of this place. The won ton strips with sweet and sour sauce, my hot and sour soup, and egg rolls. Mmmmm.
Cami didn't want to pose a picture, but she enjoyed her time in the highchair, eating fruit snacks and fortune cookies. Oh and ice.
We both got moo shoo....Jake got chicken and I got shrimp, and there was enough left over for like 3 lunches after that! He calls it a Chinese taco. I just love having so many different elements to a meal. Totally craving Chinese now.
Y-U-M.
After dinner, we ran home and I blew out the candles on my chocolate cake.
Cami is a pro now at blowing out candles! Can't wait for her 2nd birthday to see her do it.
The cutting of the cake...like we're getting married all over again. Jake's parents came over to enjoy it with us and watch Cam while we went to a movie. Bree came over after work as well, and it was fun to celebrate with them all!
Jake and I actually saw TANGLED in 3D. Haha it makes me laugh. And he was even pushing for it! I think that was secretly his first choice. I was torn between that and Harry Potter, but I'm glad we saw Tangled cuz it was super cute! Very well done, awesome animation, good story. And stylish glasses. Check it out, I have stars in my eyes!

I decided 28 is going to be a good year.

2 comments:

Linda said...

You're so cute, Heather! Love the stars in your eyes! =)

Art and Evelyn said...

You guys are just cute!! You make me laugh! Happy Birthday! 28 was a great year for me! Loved it!