Monday, February 3, 2014

Vacation to St. George!

Jake had a few vacation days to take at the end of 2013, so we decided to take a family trip to one of our favorite places: St. George, UT. It's not too far away for us to easily drive there, but it's far away enough to feel like a real get-away. Yay for vacation! Who doesn't love to get away??

Well......
Ohhh Lexi Lou. This picture is sad but also makes me go awwww Lex. She actually was quite excited for vacation, and did great on the 5 hour trip. This picture was taken after she woke up early from her nap, and was a little disoriented. Cami fell asleep after that, and slept until we were unpacking our van and making ourselves at home in the condo. Wakey wakey, Cami Lamb...we're here!
 Jake found a great deal on a nice little condo in a place called Sports Village, up on a hill. It had a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and living room with a pull out sofa bed. Cami and Lexi were gung ho about sleeping on it together. Here they are, so excited!
 Yeah right. That lasted about 10 minutes. Lexi wouldn't stay in the bed, so she was banished to her pack n' play for the rest of the trip. They actually fell asleep quite nicely after that. (Until the next night when Lexi learned how to climb out of her pack n' play and wander the condo).

The first day in St. George, we were so excited to head straight to the movie theater and watch FROZEN!
 I'm a nerd. I was trying to figure out why my camera was taking such grainy pictures. This was better. How bout that lovely hair? If only I could get my real hair to look so cute. Faking it is so much easier!

 movie lollipops
 We absolutely LOVED Frozen, and are waiting anxiously for it to come out in the dollar theater so we can go see it again! The girls sing "Let it Go" and "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" around the house all the time (the few lines that they know), and Cami's planning on having a Frozen birthday party next month! I'm super excited to make a cute fondant Olaf for her cake. :)

After the movie, we headed downtown and visited Ancestor Square.


 And then went to lunch at the Painted Pony. Jake's Dad gave us a gift card there, which was super nice! I figured I'd be able to order something catered to my food needs, and I did just that! It turned out great. I got yummy grilled salmon with a spinach salad. Lexi did not like waiting for her food, however.
 That little face.
 She did sing a really cute rendition of "My Favorite Things" while we were waiting though. I have a video but can't figure out how to upload it here. Oh well. "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feelin saaaad".

That night, we visited the beautiful temple, decorated with Christmas lights.
 Sister love with Jesus
 And after church the next morning, we went back to the temple! We just couldn't get enough. It was even prettier in the daylight.

 I love them in their cute little matching Christmas dresses.
 We actually went back that day so that we could watch Mr. Kruger's Christmas. Jake loves it, and so do I!

A little McD's back at the condo
 We played miniature golf in the recreation building in the village that evening, and then took a drive to look at Christmas lights. WHOA, this one was a doozy!
The next day, we woke up to a beautiful blue sky and went hiking in Snow Canyon.
 Well...."hiking". Actually just parking and walking a few feet and then calling it good. It was cold! And snowy! We thought by going to St. George, we would escape the cold, but we did not. Here's Daddy and his girls.
 Isn't this an awesome picture? Love the clouds.

 Playing in the sand
 Jake demonstrating the funny part in Frozen where Ana says "Tell me I'm almost there!"
 Posing with some fun rocks. Look at those little baby teeth!

 Brrrrr...it was so cold.
 Ahh that's better. Basking in the sun, after we drove to the top of the Red Cliffs.

 Arrrrggghh!

 Cuteness
 After hiking and exploring, we rewarded ourselves with an afternoon at the recreation center pool! The girls were so excited to go swimming, and this place was perfect for us.
 Lexi was so funny....she didn't really understand that the ground gradually sloped but stayed shallow. She was really nervous to walk out there, but once she got the hang of it, she had a blast.
 And so did Jake! haha. He was a good sport and went on all the water slides. He even took Cami on the big 2 story twisty tube slide twice. The first time, they had a great time. The 2nd time traumatized Cami because she hit her head on the top of the slide and her little face looked so scared and sad when they came out at the end. That's still the main thing she remembers about our fun swimming day.
 Cutest wedgie ever!
 And to finish off our fun vacation, we spent the evening at Tuacahn. They had lights and decorations, Santa, and a live nativity show.
 This was the first show I've been to at Tuacahn...I think it's really cool, right there tucked into the mountain. There were live camels, donkeys and sheep in the show.
 Santa Claus! An interesting one, I thought. Luckily, the girls weren't bashful at all! Haha I love Cami's face.
 Merry Christmas from St. George!

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a fun trip! Lots of cute pictures and such a sweet Lexi sad face!

Brittney said...

Fun times! And gorgeous pictures!